Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Default DRM: Starforce

I see that they have changed the DRM to Starforce. I clearly remember the discussions around Starforce and Heroes V, and I wonder if Starfoce works the same way now as it did then. Are we still talking hidden drivers, stopping diskburning software while running the game and such?? I had plans to install this on a brand new computer, but now I am not so motivated anymore...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

According to another website Starforce is used for online activation and doesnt install hidden drivers for this game. Can anyone confirm this??
Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Approved Member

The Proactive DRM from Starforce doesn't install anything on your PC. It is used only for online activation. It won't do any harm to your computer.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Thanks. Thats good news.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Does this mean that there is a 3 times installation limit or something? I am a programmer and I go through computers pretty fast (I have 3 computers that I use).
Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joasoz View Post
Does this mean that there is a 3 times installation limit or something? I am a programmer and I go through computers pretty fast (I have 3 computers that I use).
You have 3 activations, not 3 installations. Before uninstalling you should deactivate you game and you will be able to install the game on another PC with this activation.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Great!! Thanks again. Have to remember that then.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
You have 3 activations, not 3 installations. Before uninstalling you should deactivate you game and you will be able to install the game on another PC with this activation.
is this true of all versions of crossworlds & AP as i purchased both on impulse. if so, how does one go about deactivating the games?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgil View Post
is this true of all versions of crossworlds & AP as i purchased both on impulse. if so, how does one go about deactivating the games?
Yes, I'd like to know that too. I can't remember ever having the option to deactivate a game when I delete the local content in the Steam Client. And don't really want to 'test' it out to see if it gives me that option and burn an activation if not.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Builder View Post
Yes, I'd like to know that too. I can't remember ever having the option to deactivate a game when I delete the local content in the Steam Client. And don't really want to 'test' it out to see if it gives me that option and burn an activation if not.
Steam is different. It's tied to that account, so publishers often do away with activation limits. There's no mention of any (additional) DRM on the store page so I would assume Steam's version is free of it.