Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
Summoner doesn't seem to be affecting the summons of any of my units. Demonologists don't get stronger demons, Engineers don't make stronger droids, and Rune Mages don't summon stronger Illusions...

EDIT: Some testing. No troops showed a higher summoning limit on the talent description with a summoning skill, but demonologists seem to get a buff (4.5k leadership demon summoned when talent card says 1.5-3k)...
Yep, the description for the Summoner skill isn't quite accurate. It doesn't really make units stronger, but it does increase the leadership amount that is summoned, as well as the % that the Phantom spell creates.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Hm . . . it could be bug in your game, but i`m sure Summoner skill from Magic tree boost any summoning ability from units. I know it odes for Rune mages, Royal griffins, and Orc trackers, i just finished game with some of tohse units.
If you haven`t already get 3 lvl summoner, save game and check before and after lvling it checking some unit`s ability.
For droid making with mechanic you can boost up with Neatness skill, in Mind tree, it`s nice boost for them, but only effects 1 unit in game, so think before investing runes.
As for max critical you have 2 choices, as many ppl wrote on this forum, all orc army + paladin for resurrection, or human/elf mix, with royal grifins for +morale and distracting enemy with summons. 3 lvl distortion magic, and precision is a must for both lineups. Human/elf have bonus morale, on other hand goblin lineup have some ridiculous dmg, Aoe from catapults, unstoppable for goblins and lets not forget astral attack for goblin shamans (and they give you new units after every battle-commander talent, so less need to run around islands to restock army).

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 03-19-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Without summoner:

28 Demonologists summon 26 Cerberus (Cerberi?), 26x90 = 2340 leadership, talent says 1470-2940 so its correct.
3 rune mages with maxed magic runes summon 60 Angelic Guard, 60x60 = 3600 leadership just as talent says.
16 Engineers summon 16 Guard droids, 16x120= 1920 leadership, talent says 1600-1920 so its correct.

With summoner it is all the same except demonologists summon around 4.5k of units, which is actually slightly higher than they should but I suppose the game rounds up. Yes, I made sure that I had enough mind runes after buying 3 ranks of summoner so the rune mage's power didn't go down.

Perhaps it was a patch change? Rune Mages seem overpowered as it is. If summoner were to affect them then they would be able to summon the Phantom Gyphons with about 90% physical resistance after all my + items and they would be making about 7.2k leadership worth of them even as my personal leadership is only 6k. All that would be ludacrisly overpowered, without summoner its only about 4.8k worth of summons which is at least a sane number even if it is still really strong. As the person who just started playing this week, I hate to call you guys wrong, but maybe you should re-test on your own game to see if it still works? I'm at patch level 1.3.1, tell me if you are using a different patch. As I said before, going by a strict reading of the skill it makes some sense. Rune Mages don't summon units, they create them, so it shouldn't affect them. It might have even been a bug before.

Last edited by Loopy; 03-18-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

No prob man, no said you call us wrong it`s just diferent ppl have diferent problems and situations. I just now say perma sheep on osme paladins, some1 going with 120 sheep`s, which were paladins with turn back time casted on them, while in sheep form
On this topic, i say in my game Summoner boost Royal grifins, Orc trackers, all Thorns (warrior, archer and king), Dryads first skill, Demon summon skill. But doesnt effect Demonologist or Rune mage (here is my bad in earlier post). Rune mages are already overpowered with 1.31 patch, i had idea to change rune bonuses for other units, but got lost in trying
As for mechanic look into Neatness skill, nice bonus, and if you plan on destroying bunch of items you dont use later in the game, for crystals/runes not bad investment.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 03-19-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Approved Member

A lot of answers are in the ultimate manual.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18453

Something gets lost in the translation, but basically the summoner skill affects these abilities.

"""Operates on spells Natural Call, Necromancer’s Call, Portal of Demons, Phantom and on talents of beings
Give birth Gobots, Heavenly Guards, Appeal of Demons, Demonic Creatures, to Call Thorns, to Call the
Bear, to Lift Undead, Budding and Sowing.
"""

Rune Mages are not listed though since the manual was written before rune mages existed.

Same with the engineers. It is possible they do not consider them in the group, or it is a bug.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:17 AM
Approved Member

Ahh, so Demonologists are supposed to benefit it seems (assuming that Demonic Beasts = Demonic Creatures). It must just be a bug in the displayed leadership value, which is a total lie.

I saw that thread before, but didn't realize it was actually an expanded guide to the game. At first glance it sounded just like the standard manual with a few corrections to the mistakes that seem to be in every game's manual these days.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
Ahh, so Demonologists are supposed to benefit it seems (assuming that Demonic Beasts = Demonic Creatures). It must just be a bug in the displayed leadership value, which is a total lie.

I saw that thread before, but didn't realize it was actually an expanded guide to the game. At first glance it sounded just like the standard manual with a few corrections to the mistakes that seem to be in every game's manual these days.
Looks to me like they have to special case each 'summon' effect, and so the new Crossworlds units didn't get in there. Both Rune Mages and Engineers are new in Orcs on the March, and probably got left off. Sad, really. Rune Mages needed the help.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Looks to me like they have to special case each 'summon' effect, and so the new Crossworlds units didn't get in there. Both Rune Mages and Engineers are new in Orcs on the March, and probably got left off. Sad, really. Rune Mages needed the help.
Yeah, you are right. It makes sense that they "forgot" since both units are new.

The rune mages are still semi-strong though. The 1.3.1 patch does let them get a little more juice compared to 1.3.0.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:31 AM
Approved Member

They didnt `forget` Orc tracker with summoning skill, he gets boost from it and is new unit in CW expansion. Instead developers made some weird decisions with Rune mage and mechanic instead, but it`s already done and finished. I hope they fix that mistake in brand new and almost piblished KB 2-The Wedding of Amelie&Bill
On serious side every game have some problems, it`s our job as players to find htem , and inform ppl in charge to fix them in future (hopefully).
Old 03-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
They didnt `forget` Orc tracker with summoning skill, he gets boost from it and is new unit in CW expansion. Instead developers made some weird decisions with Rune mage and mechanic instead, but it`s already done and finished. I hope they fix that mistake in brand new and almost piblished KB 2-The Wedding of Amelie&Bill
On serious side every game have some problems, it`s our job as players to find htem , and inform ppl in charge to fix them in future (hopefully).
Heh, and yet... army Drum.

And trapper Medal.

And Paladin (unit) resurrection.

All have totally wrong tooltips, and have since KBAP first came out in English.