Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
I would have loved to have seen this filmed over a 6 week period with a 1 hour episode broadcasted every week. They could have used mostly all of the books details right up until he went to malta this way.
+1

That would have been a far better bet, but you can also bet your life that when the people that conceived that very idea tabled it at the BBC, they rejected it as being too expensive for the level of interest and viewing figures it would generate in the UK.
I'm off work for two weeks, so caught the BBC lunchtime news today, September 15th, the 70th anniversary of the 'Greatest Day'. No mention was made of this at all, and yet we were subjected to a 5 minute report on the propensity of common garden snails to return 'home' every day, as long as they weren't further away than 30 metres from where they started.
I actually complained to the BBC for the first time in my life.
Snails??
For F**ks sake.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 09-15-2010 at 11:39 PM.