Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Pro View Post
The info is good, but I thought this map would also cover the final soviet advance in 1945, which isn't in the readme. There must have been some further air action then, mustn't there?
The info from that time is rather limited; I read that in January 1945 even Lipfert itself was shortly stationed at Piestany airbase and they flew against Soviets and Romanians to Zvolen area (central Slovakia). One Jabo Fw 190 F-8 was shot down by Romanian Bf 109E (!) close to Zvolenska Slatina village.

Place of crash:

Pilot Hermann Heim:

In the north where Czechoslovak Corps were fighting, the aerial support from both sides was negligible.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for all of your hard work and extra efforts!

S~
MadJek
Old 04-06-2008, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Slovakia Map - final readme

Thanks Indy 13,
This information on the 'Slovak National uprising' is just what I have been looking for. I am puting the 'finishing-touches' to my campaign 'Long nose Focke-Wulf Eastern Front' which should post on Mission 4 Today at the end of this month. The request for this campaign came from a very dedicated Czech IL2 fan and it has certainly given me a whole new perspective on WWII aerial history in this region.

My campaign uses the Rumanian, Lvov, Hungarian, Berlin and the 'fantastic Slovakian' maps.
Since working on the the Slovakian map I have come to really appreciate what this team managed to do - it has opened up a whole 'new-world' for the game and I am sure Oleg has benefited from the 'graphic advances' it has produced for his BOB Storm of War Simulation. (some of screen shots I have captured in Slovakia, while building the campaign, are absolutely fantastic)

I have also managed to 'get over' some of the map limitations you mention at the end of your information after much 'trial and error', including building a 'test airstrip' - that works, in a secret location on the map.

DFLion
Old 04-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

I have seen a Bessarabia readme too, but nothing new about the med. Is the meditteranean map still a go for 4.09 as well?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_13 View Post
Hi folks, here is the Slovakia readme. Enjoy!

http://www.letka13.sk/~jurinko/Readme_Slovakia.pdf
Thanks for diging that up Indy...the readme is superb. Such impressive detail!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Indy is co-author
Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

That´s right. Jurinko is main author and editor.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Well then my thanks to both of you! This will be great for us mission builders especially!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflion View Post
Thanks Indy 13,
This information on the 'Slovak National uprising' is just what I have been looking for. I am puting the 'finishing-touches' to my campaign 'Long nose Focke-Wulf Eastern Front' which should post on Mission 4 Today at the end of this month.
DFLion
This sounds an exciting campaign, but the title is a bit of a mouthfull. Why not just call it "Dora: Eastern Front", or "Dora Pilot: Eastern Front" ? That would sound a lot more memorable and economical to me.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

Jurinko - I think the airbase at Zlin might benefit from being moved slightly to the East. I haven't been able to get any AI to take off from the south end without hitting that small hill.....