Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
A bit wierd picking out 303 isn't it? JG26 were in from day 1 but 303 weren't, they missed half the battle.
Not really considered that 303. was the most successful squadron of the BoB (as the JG 26 "Schlageter was on the other side).

Desastersoft probably intended to provide us with the best of the best

Nos 310. & 311. Czechoslovak (virtual) squadrons

Asus P5N-T DELUXE nForce 780i, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce 580 GTX 1.5 GB, SSD OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, Windows 7 64bit, Hewlett Packard LP2475w 24"
MS Sidewinder FF, Saitek Pedals, CH Throttle, Home made Trim Box, TrackIR 5
Old 12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

I've tried downloading Adof Galland English version four times, and each time it failed at about 7% into the download and would not resume. Desastersoft has been helpful, but figures its a problem at my end. The download wasn't very fast at 75kb, and I have a 20Mbps internet connetion. I've tested my internet subscriber connection and everything tested good. Ping 30/ 18.9 Mbps download speed. I've also turned off McAfee real time scanning for a few minutes in the download, but it didn't make a difference in the download speed. I suppose it could be bottleneck somewhere between Germany and the west coast of Canada, but I'm not sure how I can test that. Any other ideas or suggestions? I will contact Desastersoft again tomorrow when their office opens, their replies have been prompt.

edit, I've never had a download fail, until now, some have been slow usually depending where they were coming from, but never fail.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip

Last edited by Chivas; 12-06-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

Chivas,

mine downloaded at around 150kbps here in the UK with no problems. My Avast anti-virus wouldn't let me install though so I disabled it for 10 minutes and all went well.

Hope you get it sorted as it's well worth it
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

I downloaded it in 2.5 hrs. at 92 kbps/sec....you may want to use a "free download manager" from the internet that will help you re-connect if you get "knocked-off" the download.....also don't exit out of the Desastersoft download page, after you start the download.....that also will stop the download.....hope this helps, and yes it is very much worth it....4 different campaigns with over 150 missions....it will load right in with your "Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas" campaigns if you already have it on your computer.....don't forget to update it with the updater before you play it....good luck and good hunting......flightdok........
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Ditto -took along time to dowmload to desktop, but once there installed quickly...By all means make sure you update.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 310_cibule View Post
Not really considered that 303. was the most successful squadron of the BoB (as the JG 26 "Schlageter was on the other side).

Desastersoft probably intended to provide us with the best of the best

Certainly the biggest line shooters anyway , quite how 'best' is measured is rather subjective, I can give you a dozen reasons why you simply can't take claims as a measure.
I think you missed my point though Cib, that if you are taking 303 then forget flying in any of the epic battles in July and most of August because they simply weren't there. Of course, it could just be unhistorical.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Certainly the biggest line shooters anyway , quite how 'best' is measured is rather subjective, I can give you a dozen reasons why you simply can't take claims as a measure.
I think you missed my point though Cib, that if you are taking 303 then forget flying in any of the epic battles in July and most of August because they simply weren't there. Of course, it could just be unhistorical.
NP, Osprey

I will tell you later wether the campaigns at this add on are unhistorical or just started at the end of August (which is okey for me )

BTW - I faced considerable problem while downloading the add on. The speed didn't exceed 20 kbps/s so I interrupted it and waited a couple of hours for some better rate. Later on when I tried out again it stated The program has been downloaded already (during the first attempt I managed to download 20 percent of the .exe). Hope I will get some positive response from the Desastersoft office.

Edit: We have sended You a New Download Link! Do not interrupt Download again pls! Maybe use a DL Manager like JDownloader. You have two tryes for Download. If you fail, contact us again! Thomas

Thanks, guys! Good job.

Nos 310. & 311. Czechoslovak (virtual) squadrons

Asus P5N-T DELUXE nForce 780i, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce 580 GTX 1.5 GB, SSD OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, Windows 7 64bit, Hewlett Packard LP2475w 24"
MS Sidewinder FF, Saitek Pedals, CH Throttle, Home made Trim Box, TrackIR 5

Last edited by 310_cibule; 12-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

I have a question that goes to game play & it may be a question of both timing & commnd of a squadron.On at least two interception missions by the R.A.F against incoming Germans.My squadroncompletely misses the interception .It doesn't seem to matter when they take off or scramble to meet it( I've put the whole mission on autopilot just to see if that would make a difference,but it doesn't seem to-the AI doesn't respond to the RT Vector of the incoming planes- they just keep flying on their prescribed route,missing the Luftwaffe completely.
I can respond to the raid individually ( fly out of the formation to go lone wolf hunting on my own) & if I'm lucky find the invaders by myself( risky,risky,risky-no wingman & no squadron,) & again, if I'm lucky meet the requirements in shoot downs by myself( sometimes-in a 303 mission the requirement is 6 Jerries ...beyond all hope in a lone Hurricane,) but I cannot get any help from anyone else.Command for "Help Me!" doesn't work any better here than anywhere else.I usually get a "You're clear" sort of response if I'm not being clobbered by a brute of a 109 or 110! Meanwhile my squadron is off somewhere wool gathering...
I need help getting help !
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

^^^

Running on Autopilot means you'll almost certainly not come across bandits in my experience. I quite enjoy the search for the enemy to be honest and I've had some success by following the vectors provided.

My biggest problem has been with not being able to get my wingmen to engage the enemy via the radio commands menu even though the enemy are in plain sight and my wingmen are in close formation. This leads to them trying to follow me everywhere rather than engaging the enemy. The option to engage either bombers or fighters never seems to be available for some reason or just doesn't work.

The following text is from Desastersofts manual for Adolf Galland:-

Order your wingmen to attack enemy aircraft:-

Always remember: You should have sufficient altitude, around 1.000 m respectively 3.000 feet.

After taking off you should close up your ranks a bit.

1. Open your radio menu

2. Choose option 6 - Formation

3. Choose option 2 - Formation – and set it to Close

4. Head to the target area

Once you encounter enemy aircraft you should

1. Open your radio menu.

2. Choose option 5 – Air Targets. There you see five options. As long as option number 5, Attack my target, is dark red you cannot order your wingmen to attack enemy aircraft. Should this be the case close the radio menu again until you see enemy aircraft nearby.

3. If all five options of the Air Targets mode are bright red choose the option you wish to choose. Only when all five options are active you can order attacks by your wingmen.

Should option 5 be inactive you need to assemble your unit again:

1. Open your radio menu

2. Choose option 6 - Formation

3. Choose option 2 - Formation – and set it to Very Close

Should you encounter enemy aircraft you should be able to order attacks on them. The order to attack depends on two key premises: You need to be able to see your opponent and your unit needs to be able carry out the order to attack.

No joy with the above so far. Any ideas anyone?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Good info - will give it a try -just had a few emails back & forth with Desastersoft & was given much the same info...will see if I can do better next time...