Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 09-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Two questions of a curious user (who wouldn't know how to code if his life depended on it):

1.) Wouldn't it be more logical to automate the process of ambulance and firetruck rushing to a damaged aircraft?

2.) Would it be possible to derive a similar procedure for rescue launches or similar "lifeboats"? I mean the Brits had them on the coast and the germans used whatever was locally available for the same purposes. It may be window-dressing for the moment but may be of importance later on (keyword: pilot-centric campaign).
Old 09-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

1.) Wouldn't it be more logical to automate the process of ambulance and firetruck rushing to a damaged aircraft?

Exactly so, inbound to land is a damaged plane - set up to meet it with ambulance/fire engine

Trigger will be perhaps- DamagedPlane crosses some AirfieldEmergency radius - warm up ambulance and fire tender

If definitely landing, equipment approaches runway. Carefully

Ming
Old 09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

It's the coolest CoD FMB moment so far for me, it is a wonder thanks naryv your AirfieldEmergency script works first time perfectly. Awesome

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3388512

Ming
Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Two questions of a curious user (who wouldn't know how to code if his life depended on it):

2.) Would it be possible to derive a similar procedure for rescue launches or similar "lifeboats"? I mean the Brits had them on the coast and the germans used whatever was locally available for the same purposes. It may be window-dressing for the moment but may be of importance later on (keyword: pilot-centric campaign).
(1) Yes, and that's what naryv's script does - it's great. Mine was far simpler and assumed that a vehicle already existed (I really just wanted to see how waypoints worked for ground units).

(2) That's a great idea and very possible.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

In the radio comms there is a command where you can call the tower for emergency. Could this be used as a trigger and have ambulance and firetruck rush out to the runway?

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Unfortunately I can’t get the Naryv script to work. I copied the script in Notepad and saved it under ANSI as an cs mission. I did this several times but each time the scriptwindow in my test singlemission says: namespace cannot directly contain members such as fields or methods. CS- 0116.
I’m not familiar with C# but the scripts developed on this Forum are very interesting and absolutely impressive. I implement them in my single missions. Application of scripts is a must for the missionbuilder: it gives this beautiful COD-game an extra demension.

Hopefully someone can help me with this Naryv script
Old 09-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

I copied the script in Notepad and saved it under ANSI

You can use Notepad++ which is recommended by the RoF team so maybe Maddox coders are using it, and perhaps save documents in the Unicode Big Endian format, again I've seen the RoF devs recommend this format - because of the Cyrillic characters probably but anyway-

Did you create a mission and then did you paste the copied text into the Scripts window?

I say this because your error was '...cannot directly contain members' - you may be doing something else with the text than pasting it in

Have the script-page Internet Explorer (or whatever browser) open, have the FMB running too - use Alt + Tab to switch between them to paste the text into the SCript tab edit window. Copy the script text by using the Ctrl + c trick, then in the FMB open the Scripts tab and do the Ctrl + v trick to paste the text in there. Select the block of text before hitting Ctrl + c to copy selected text to your Clipboard. Sorry if the grandmothers and eggs rule applies!

Make a simple mission with just one plane ready to roll and set it to Player pilot and so on, takeoff and damage the plane, see if the vehicles turn up at your crashed plane

Give me a PM shout if you're stuck and I'll send the mission on to you

Ming
Old 09-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

This gives me wood. I'm stunned that this thread hasn't got like zillions of replies as this is solely such a friggin kewl feature.
Is this what Luthier is talking about?
Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

the Brits had them on the coast

Frog I have a possible Coastal Command sighting for Thor

The rescue aircraft Walrus in there has the designation-

Class Aircraft.WalrusMkI

Doing the legwork, Igor the whip

Ming
Old 09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the hard work and research on these scripts. Some really awesomesauce going on in this thread.

I was wondering if someone could help me though. I'm using naryv's script to dispatch ambulances etc in a MP dogfight. There's also AI planes that periodically spawn and then land. The problem is that everytime an AI plane lands, fire trucks etc will spawn and eventually lag the game out.

Is there a way of limiting the spawn to just players?

I used to do scripting for Arma 2 (sqf) and the following would be appropriate to filter out AI:

PHP Code:
if (_x == playerthen
{

// code 
}; 
I'm not used to C# yet and don't know the syntax well at this point. How could I filter out the AI so firetrucks etc only spawn and deploy for human controlled planes?

I've looked in the examples, but I can't 'get it' yet. I know you're busy guys so even a basic example/link would get me started.

Thanks