Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

@ moderators

Is it possible to create an Offline/singleplayer subforum to collect all threads with campaigns and single-player missions. It is very difficult for most of casual users to find them as they never visit the FMB subforum where these threads are lost among technical discussions anyway. E.g. of such subforum at sukhoi.ru http://translate.google.com/translat....php%3Ff%3D226

Many users still complain that there is no playable offline contents available because they are just not informed.

An alternative is to make this thread a sticky if feasible http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23652
Old 08-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

This sounds really good. Thank you very much. (I just need to finish something else first before diving back into Clod.)

Ataros' idea would make things much easier for players looking for more content.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

Very wise Ataros we should be endorsing this idea moderators ,it makes sense.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

I tried the two first RAF missions still some strange things possible like beginning the campaign the 1 September 1939 with the Germans in France. But otherwise great fun very realistic.
Thanks a lot to the creator’s great job.
I have a nice pc thus I did use the high/west campaign.
I hope to post some constructive critics in the future.
Have a nice and fun game...
Score; missions 2 Victories 0.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

13 missions so far
excellent
hope they make with some bombers too
Old 08-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Great work. Works so far for me

I7-3930K CPU w/ Corsair H60 liquid cooling.
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard.
Asus GTX680 2Gb SLI
Auzentech Home theater 3D Soundcard.
Corsair HX850 Modular PSU.
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
TM Warthog HOTAS.
TM Cougar MFD's.
Saitek Flight Pro pedals.
TrackIr 5.
Samsung Syncmaster 2770FH LCD.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

RAF campaign;
First mission Six pm. I miss my take off. I get a stern reminder of flight procedures, plane and I are ok, my self-confidence not! End of mission.
Second mission 4 am. Perfect take off. Nearly one hour patrolling along the coast from East Bourne to Bournemouth and Back. Controller signal Germans in our sector but they remain out of sight. Landing ok! Weather ok with fragmented clouds.
Third mission 9 am. same day. Mission intercept German bomber over Bournemouth at 12000 ft. Take off and the climb is all ok, I did encounter a pair of 109’s but they did not engage me and I could not engage the109 because the altitude advantage the 109 had. Found 18 110 above the Isle of Wight at 15000 ft. Tried to jump them but they spotted me and in the following short dogfight in downed one and had to bailout due to battle damage. Landed safely on the ground and got back to base by train. First victory confirmation by some naval observer was waiting for me at the home base. Flight time recorded 45 min. Squadron losses two aircrafts, one pilot. Squadron victories 3 110 destroyed, 3 110 probable, and 2 110 damaged.

I hope you like this!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Is there a way for you to generate names for your squadron and people who die get their name in a "dead " column?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKY View Post
Is there a way for you to generate names for your squadron and people who die get their name in a "dead " column?
No, there is nothing of the sort. Nearly nothing at all, no real briefing a little one line one, just enough. I play without path on the map so I do not know if there is a path to meet your ennemy. Because the weather of the game is far from great in this campaign it is a little to the poor side. I have even difficulties to know if I am the leader or a wingman? The results of a mission are the normal result you find at the end of all single missions. But you can save you progress and continue the campaign later or maybe have more than one campaign at once.
Have fun I do!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Mission four. Day 3 take off at 8 am. Mission intercepts some bomber Bembridge airfield at 7000 Ft. so the briefing says. It is a long climb and the bombers are not at the “rendez-vous”! Not yet arrived and they are higher than announced by the plotter, more than 15000 ft. a difficult climb followed and a pursuit of 9 he111 p2 only after 15 min did I overtake them hit one and lose control of my plane to regain it only after losing 2000 feet of altitude. The last plane of the group is badly hit and is losing altitude and is contact with his group, he is ready for the final killing hits. Some minutes later it is done and a wheel down, an engine streaming smoke and a radiator some white smoke, the plane losing fast altitude this all ends in a great splash of water. But my engine also has problems oil is at 100° and glycol 85°. The engine runs normally I dive, in a swallow from 1300 feet’s to ground level from Brighton to Wilmington Airfield where I land without a problem other than my engine does size up the moment I reduce the rpm’s when I touch the ground. One official He111 victory for me a second German bagged. All ammo gone for one plane down this Germans are tough buggers. Weather clear without clouds no wind to speak of. No one else did intercept the Germans.