Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 02-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Precisely what I was looking for Farber.. Thanks Alot!

I found the link below, after your post.. Which means I may have posted this in the wrong section.. But with a title like "organization" (way back on the 13th page of the FMB section), it's not so easy to spot . Maybe we can end up getting this merged with the thread/link below.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24314

The thread is quite informative as to which, and how many units per battery, but doesn't have the info that's been added here.

All of this is helping me (and I'm sure others) out a bunch.
Thanks again all.

PS. Osprey.. Thanks. I'll post the two batteries I have in one object file that I did, but note that I had to lower certain 88's and ammunition eye candy, differently because they were on a bit of a hill. Not sure how well that will work elsewhere, but you can give it a shot. http://www.mediafire.com/?p1214ug47j4jsoh Perhaps you can line it up with the spot just next to Dieppe that I had it at heh. And no allied clusters of objects for you yet.. patience
SSD: Intel 520 Series 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1000GB (1TB)
MoBo: ASUS P8Z77-V Socket 1155 Intel Z77 Chipset

Last edited by JG26_EZ; 02-21-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Np, my experience with the trenches and object height is that the latter does not work and the former is somewhat dependant on terrain features and which sections are connected to what - even on a flat. They look fine in the editor but try them in multiplayer first.

Happy to help!

S!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
It was standard to put the rangefinder (which was part of the Kommandogerät 36 or 40 predictor) a little aside the battery to prevent incorrect measurements due to the vibration induced by four heavy guns shooting.
In game we only have the Em4mR40 Entfernungsmesser and the auxiliary Kommandohilfsgerät 35 (both just eyecandy) while in reality the latter would only take action if the Kommandogerät 36/40 was not working while the range finder (as said above) was part of the Kommandogerät 36/40.

BTW until 1942 only the Luftwaffe operated the 88mm Flak guns while the Army had to make do with light or medium AAA guns such as the 20mm Flak 30 / Flak 38 or the 37mm Flak 36.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Attached to this post is a small document on the composition of german artillery units and their equipment I had been working on during my christmas vacation. It's not as fleshed out as I wanted, but real life interference has stopped work on it.

I hope that helps a bit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TO_E_GermanArtillery.zip (1,009.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

JG26_EZ Nice find Farber. The only things that I disagree with is that the commandpost II is in the middle of the firing position and not commmandpost I. Commandpost I is located a few hundred meters outside the firing position. Below is a goggle translation of the most important information from the following link:

http://www.relikte.com/brm_flak/index.htm

"The schematic structure of a heavy anti-aircraft battery 8.8 cm in the early days of the war:

Command Post I: It is located a few hundred meters offset from the firing position and includes the predictor (KdoGer 36) with the Meßtrupp I, the battery commander and the Meßoffizier.
Command Post II: It is the Meßtrupp II and commanded auxiliary device (KdoHilfsGer 35) in the middle of the firing position and takes on the fire line if Command Post I fails.
Firing position: It forms the basic shape of a square. The average distance of the Command Post II to the individual guns is 70 to 80 m.
Radio station: The 100-W radio station is laterally offset from the firing position. It turned to flight reporting frequency and listen to the air situation reports to provide a warning when enemy planes approached."

Also note the distance between the guns and Command Post II is 70 to 80 meters and the 2 cm flak is placed between the firing position and the Command Post I.

Last edited by HenFre; 02-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Don't take that too literally as it is based upon the static batteries of the Reich Defense. Closer to the front, especially in fluid situations which are so dominant in a war of movement, the battery would be set up with just the basics. That means the four guns, the generator and the Kommandogerät.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

csThor: Did not know that Thor, thanks. But dont you think that the frontline in BOB is somewhat fixed and therefore the before mentioned lineup apply?
Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

lol great!

I spend an hour or two in the FMB building a command station for my 3 groups of 6 AA guns, and come back to find that my measurements are all incorrect? hehe AAhhh the joys of building missions on the fly.

Thanks for the info gentlemen.
SSD: Intel 520 Series 240GB
HDD: WD Black 1000GB (1TB)
MoBo: ASUS P8Z77-V Socket 1155 Intel Z77 Chipset
Old 02-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

I was talking in the general sense since the next installment will feature a non-static frontline setting.

EDIT: It is very likely that the 20mm guns were removed from batteries stationed in Germany. I have not yet managed to find a comprehensive overview over the Luftwaffe Flak Regiments (those that exclusively operated the 88m guns until 1942) since their composition was never the same across the whole board.

Last edited by csThor; 02-23-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenFre View Post
JG26_EZ Nice find Farber. The only things that I disagree with is that the commandpost II is in the middle of the firing position and not commmandpost I.
Merely a case or terminology from 2 different Sources...

As for the distances I am only quoting Dr Alfred Price's book - 1939-1945 Luftwaffe Handbook. I converted them from yards. I am just repeating what they said.

I think another thing to remember is that FLAK Batterien as with all things both British and German are not forced to be at full complement/strength... The British had left a large propotion of the weapons in Dunkirk and the Germans were still racing to expand across the board.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 02-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.