Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Approved Member

Default Improved AI Directional Control for Carrier Takeoffs

I know this issue has been raised before for previous versions, but it seems we still need improvement to AI directional control for carrier takeoffs.

I just did 10 test takeoffs using a rookie pilot in an F4F-4 as the number 1 aircraft in a flight taking off from USS Essex. Two of the 10 takeoffs resulted in this aircraft steering off the starboard side of the deck and losing its wheels on the ships antenna rigging. I've observed this over and over again at about the same 1 in 5 frequency regardless of the position of the aircraft's number 1 waypoint. I think it's a fair expectation that any combat pilot, even one fresh out of carrier pilot training, will have a much higher chance of a damage-free takeoff than 4 out of 5.

Last edited by JacksonsGhost; 06-15-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity