Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Mods

Mods Everything about mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

Cool Yep!

I sure did - both the Phoenix and Evil Book's stats increase based on the caster's intellect. Attack / Defense / Health, etc. are all effected by the caster's power.

I'm still working on my list of changes - they are organized by file type and so I'm hoping to post more stuff later...

By the way, balance is somewhat in the eye of the beholder, but I think you'll see that for the most part the strategy with which you play will attune to how easy or difficulty things are for you.

The things that I still check for are the increases based on level-ups, etc. for spirit abilities, spells, etc. and the only areas that I think are potentially weak are areas that I don't play. For example, I don't really play undead and so I'm not sure how well the changes I made work for them. I'll need to either play them some time or get some feedback from someone who has played them.

I'm also debating on giving Bone Dragons the ability to cast a random negative chaos (like Weakness, Doom, Plague, Fear) spell on a Level 1-4 troop when they attack to make them more powerful. Even Devilfish cause Fear on attack and so I'm thinking that the Bone Dragons still may need a boost. Those spells aren't overpowering and it might be a neat addition for them. We'll see, I'm still cogitating on it.

That's the funny thing about replaying is that every time I restart new ideas flash into my head.

Anyway, should be interesting to see people's feedback once I officially release it and they start playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
It seems you have a very sound approach to implementing your changes in this mod, Matt. Well done! Some of the useless units might actually be viable with the changes you've made. I'll PM you when I've finished my current game.

About the Phoenix: did you not change its HP values? That seemed to be the most glaring deficiency of the spell--it always dies in one hit not too far into the game.