Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
yes vilk but u haven't answered my question yet
I answered... woo you push me into illegality after force me to out of topic now you force me to double post!

So the answer:
I believed that: I eat all the fruits but the apples means: I eat all the fruits except the apples.

And I think my believing is right. So read again the original post and quote your question wasn't relevant.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

bah so it's impossible to do xD
Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 AM
Approved Member

If not impossible that would be extremely difficult. At level 5 even with ton of luck you'll hardly have the items, troops, spells and mana to do the job. The gremlins tower are difficult to control and in this fight there's plenty enemy magical attack this adds difficulty to use something based on target. A weird tactic based on Green dragon + invisibility could even not work because of a too low leadership at this level.

Well if you play the game without to take care of time you could perhaps use dodging intensively to collect all stuff, pay for mandatory battle in Freedom Islands, dodge again like hell up to Demonis and again dodge to collect stuff. With such weird tactic you could perhaps collect enough leadership, spells, mana bonus and even find green dragon and come back level 5 to do the Rezo tower. Very difficult but impossible I don't know.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Approved Member

and most likely at level 5 you will hardly have enough good skill or spells to that will make it even harder
^^
Old 08-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

I didn't notice the double post, don't know what happened there.

Anyway I'd suggest that by "clearing rezo's tower" he meant that he cleared it up to the staff.

Yep, I was around level 5~6 on the turtle.

I missed 1 army in abandoned tower and several in the spider hole on griffin island ... ran out of time for those, and couldn't do medusa.

Now I need to figure out a perfect path for freedom isles... Without mana spring I don't think I can achieve it with zero losses as well. Do you think it can be done in 12 hours ?

I'm beginning to think about using vamps and cursed ghosts to take the hits, and use them for sacrificing
Old 08-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

What's Medusa? A hero? For Griffins tower it should not be done too soon because some stuff here can be rude if you make it too low level. In theory dodging won't win much more time than killing what's on the path.

There's a good opportunity to make the griffin underground later, sea chest need to be report to harbor close to the Griffins and take all chest won't lead you close to this harbor. So even if you go close to griffins island first, not make it yet is a wise choice and make it only when later you'll report the sea chests quest at harbor. I had the opportunity to do that but instead I did Griffins underground asap so at level 7 and well I got there 2.5 nightmare fights. One of them was so rude that I lost 7 Cursed Ghost and had in my army not enough Cursed Ghost to restore their stack with fighting, first time it happened to me.

No Mana Spring? Man you are very good if you can do it without this spell.

For Freedom Islands do it in 1/2 day seems a bit extreme. I won't say it's not possible but I think that if this is possible, it's by skipping any fight not on quests roads. If I was you I'd try a quick scouting with cheating to time it. Take care that in this case the time is always faster than with a real play. It's because you do it quick and forget details or even won't quote the army impossible to beat that will make you lost time.

About Vampires and Cursed Ghost:
  • You cannot sacrifice any undead (nor plants, stone and units immune to magic).
  • About taking the hit, I don't like vamps much I feel them too weak.
  • Ghost are too difficult to manage when your army size becomes bigger and when your attack increase.
  • Cursed Ghost are extremely good units if you don't aim for zero loss. The 50% physical resistance and ability to regenerate during a fight are priceless.
  • Vampire don't have this resistance but Ancient Vampire are rather good despite they don't have this resistance too.
  • Cursed Ghost is the perfect target with spell support in 70% of the fights but for many of those fights it's a challenge to succeed keep them on control. And that's possible but take a long time to learn.
If you have ancient vampires I'd suggest you try them to take the hit particularly if you have sacrifice. If you don't have sacrifice or don't have ancient vampire I'd suggest you try cursed ghost and be patient with the unavoidable errors you'll do about controlling them. Take care that they show their best if you can provide them spell support ie Stoneskin and Archmage Shield. But in many cases to control them you'll need use only one of those protection or use it only at first rounds. In tougher fights with target you'll certainly need both quite often. Peacefulness is another option to keep control on them more easily but objectively most often it's not the best option.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

The medusa is the level 9 combat trial thing in the knights place at the start. I lose at least a quarter of my army when I fight that battle.

Dam, so you can't sacrifice ghosts to get more royal thorns.

I'm gonna have to do a really big scout in freedom isles to find where mana spring is, or even if it is there at all.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Ha right, I remember medusa now.

Now I think of it, I don't understand you didn't get magic spring when it's a fixed reward of turtle battle. You probably sell it by error or don't use the 1.7 version.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

It is? Hmm maybe I did it too fast. I haven't ever seen it as a fixed reward for the turtle battle. I'll try it again... If it is then I've wasted about 3 days in real life playing time lol... go me....<..insert swear words.. >
Old 08-12-2009, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

Mmm I checked and it's quite probable I'm wrong. Ooops sorry.

After Turtle lost and shaman flee you need speak again with the turtle (or it's forced) and at end of this dialog you'll receive two scrolls but not necessary Magic Spring unlike what I believed. I hope you have your save game to check it by doing again the turtle battle and see the reward.

I'm not fully sure but I retract what I said.

EDIT: Shame on me, I checked with a warrior savegame, replayed the battle, ask to the turtle, agree to give blood, make the pact with the turtle, nothing. I cannot believe it. I go checking again.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-12-2009 at 04:38 AM.