Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Gotta love the drama. From both sides. LMAO
Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

he calls it a 'few hiccups'

you calm down..
Old 03-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

well he has my exact specs almost apart from my stuff is not over clocked and he was using fraps and stuff an had the epilepsy filter on so yeah it should run fine for me on High or medium settings (i hope) thanks for the Vid really helped settle my mind
Old 03-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure what you're getting at Wulf...but I made this account over a year ago and don't spend much time on forums. Don't flatter yourself thinking you have an internet stalker...I don't know you.

I'm not a IL2 fanboy just a gamer who likes a good product, I guess I should keep looking.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3uLLDoZeR View Post
I'm not sure what you're getting at Wulf...but I made this account over a year ago and don't spend much time on forums. Don't flatter yourself thinking you have an internet stalker...I don't know you.

I'm not a IL2 fanboy just a gamer who likes a good product, I guess I should keep looking.
HA!

Right with you 123-wulf-123, some people get more enjoyment out of failure than a success story. I suppose it makes them feel better about their shit lives.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

I will buy it on the release date. I am just not shure if I should buy it on Steam or in the store. Sometimes the Steam versions of game doesnt get the same update as the retail version.
Or will this be the same? Anyone who knows for sure?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Sorry Wulf but I can understand the disappointment, as big as the expectations built on 7 years.

OK, models of the aircrafts are great, but nearly everything is lacking. Where are the dynamic waves ? What's that with the colors ? The sounds ? The tracers ?

And we have people from the press that are testing it on the C6 forum. Saying that they are bitterly disappointed is an understatement. Even on things that were expected to be at least as good as IL2 are a total mess to use.

I can't even comment on the result of the multiplayer testing. Totally bugged, it would be shorter to say what's working than what's not.

Come on, it's just an utter failure for now. It's not just little bumps. The whole thing needs to be optimized. The whole game needs to be reworked !

Look at that screenshot in this thread. You are a photographer. When did you ever see the cliffs of Etretat look like THAT !!??

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=167779
Old 03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

music was a bit load, couldnt hear much about what you were saying which wasnt helpful, but, beaufighter is pronounced 'Bowfighter' not 'Boofighter' and Bow as in Bow tie, not Bow of a ship.
still it was good to see something of the options thanks..
Old 03-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
Look at that screenshot in this thread. You are a photographer. When did you ever see the cliffs of Etretat look like THAT !!??

Are you complaining at the screen shot in game of the cliffs.. comparing it to real world photos.. !? You should get back down on earth and realize it is a game and the map is quite huge with a lot of objects and details. If you wanted better reproduction of the cliffs then you would have to sacrifice something else. It's all a balance.. I think it's most important to have map features that looks like the real deal but is not necessarily the real deal in all it's details.
You should go back to flying 2D FSX with 3D features again.. It looks more photo realistic, although it's more like painting than full 3D modelling when it comes to the scenery.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

Default haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
Sorry Wulf but I can understand the disappointment, as big as the expectations built on 7 years.

OK, models of the aircrafts are great, but nearly everything is lacking. Where are the dynamic waves ? What's that with the colors ? The sounds ? The tracers ?

And we have people from the press that are testing it on the C6 forum. Saying that they are bitterly disappointed is an understatement. Even on things that were expected to be at least as good as IL2 are a total mess to use.

I can't even comment on the result of the multiplayer testing. Totally bugged, it would be shorter to say what's working than what's not.

Come on, it's just an utter failure for now. It's not just little bumps. The whole thing needs to be optimized. The whole game needs to be reworked !

Haha it looks like it is an island who floats in the air high over the ocean.
Where is the waves hitting the ground?
il2-sturmovik looks better