Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
This happens to many group activities that suddenly become popular. It is to be expected. You surely are right on the spot.

Even so, balancing il2 scenarios is not an easy task. It is better to admit that one side have the advantage, and the other must show the guts to stop it whatever the odds. War is not fair.
Indeed, it is such a complex environment that it is much more likely that one side has an edge in equipment over the other. Fortunately because of that complexity it means that usually as long as the other side has equipment with some pros that the other side does not that you can exploit that (turn fighters vs bnz, high alt vs low alt, heavier firepower versus less, roll rates, etc. etc.).

I do enjoy the against the odds types of scenarios. I used to go on the old 334th server and fly a Ki-100 against La-7s. The Ki-100 is a decent enough fighter but it is outclassed in such a wide open, every plane available, setup.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Indeed, it is such a complex environment that it is much more likely that one side has an edge in equipment over the other. Fortunately because of that complexity it means that usually as long as the other side has equipment with some pros that the other side does not that you can exploit that (turn fighters vs bnz, high alt vs low alt, heavier firepower versus less, roll rates, etc. etc.).

I do enjoy the against the odds types of scenarios. I used to go on the old 334th server and fly a Ki-100 against La-7s. The Ki-100 is a decent enough fighter but it is outclassed in such a wide open, every plane available, setup.
Well... at sometimes, mounting a duel Lagg3 vs Hurricanes II, it will be always won by the LaGG, just because the Hurri's bullets would do no damage to the LaGG. That's a very new correction on the game.

The other battle spoiler, but on the ground, was the Matilda tank. It will survive even 75mm shots from other tanks.

There are lots of funny behaviors on ground units, and some aircraft that could spoil a whole campaign if not well researched.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

The Matilda had the best armor of any tank in the West until the Panzer V came along I do believe. The Germans in the desert used them whenever they could capture one intact. It's real weaknesses were it's lack of speed and it's puny gun.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Closed Thread