Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Approved Member

Default "Other" Off Road Racing

ORD will bring the kind of off road racing to the console that has never been sen before. As well as the type of offroading that is roots to me.

That being said, what other off road events do you guys watch and follow?

Personally I'm big into the "Lucas Oil Off Road Championship" and "Traxxas Off Road Championship". Love the "Baja 100", "Reno to Vegas" and those types of Desert races. Rally obviously "WRC". You cannot deny the "Dakar" that's actually going on now! Stage 7 starts today!

So like I said. What other off road events do you follow?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee DD View Post
ORD will bring the kind of off road racing to the console that has never been sen before. As well as the type of offroading that is roots to me.

That being said, what other off road events do you guys watch and follow?

Personally I'm big into the "Lucas Oil Off Road Championship" and "Traxxas Off Road Championship". Love the "Baja 100", "Reno to Vegas" and those types of Desert races. Rally obviously "WRC". You cannot deny the "Dakar" that's actually going on now! Stage 7 starts today!

So like I said. What other off road events do you follow?

Croatia Trophy and Transylvania Trophy... There is no road, and by that I really mean no road. Just the wild wild nature before and make sure you get the end of the forest..
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai View Post
Croatia Trophy and Transylvania Trophy... There is no road, and by that I really mean no road. Just the wild wild nature before and make sure you get the end of the forest..
Ahh. Nice. In the states we are so limited with stuff like that

Tree huggers and Byciclists everywhere.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

I'm very limited in the championships here in Belgium. So I can practically go to only one, that is the Scorpion Challenge.

Too many terrains closing down and the government makes it allmost impossible to go offroading anymore
Old 01-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

I don't get to watch a lot of races and don't usually know when they come on.I will watch Trophy truck races when there are on. I try to catch Monster Jam as much as possible. I use to watch a lot of Baja and Dakar when I was smaller, but again I don't know when races are going to be on.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazee DD View Post
Ahh. Nice. In the states we are so limited with stuff like that

Tree huggers and Byciclists everywhere.
Same problem in Belgium.. All terrains are closing down.. Tree huggers cut down 4x4's their tires here. It's a trend.. Now they stopped but they always try to make sure we can't get enjoyment of our sport.. Even sandy roads through the forest are getting closed for 4x4's, ATVs, MTVs..
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 PM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboywampa View Post
I'm very limited in the championships here in Belgium. So I can practically go to only one, that is the Scorpion Challenge.

Too many terrains closing down and the government makes it allmost impossible to go offroading anymore
Hey! Vanwaar ben je ergens? Rij jezelf ook 4x4? Ik heb een paar Suzuki Samurais.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai View Post
Same problem in Belgium.. All terrains are closing down.. Tree huggers cut down 4x4's their tires here. It's a trend.. Now they stopped but they always try to make sure we can't get enjoyment of our sport.. Even sandy roads through the forest are getting closed for 4x4's, ATVs, MTVs..
So stupid.

The worst is the "Tread Lightly" campaigns. Im OFFROADING in 44'' tires....there is no lightly treading ANYWHERE! GTFO!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 AM
dozer

there is a race they do in the amazon jungle "cant recall the name" but have seen heaps of footage of it on youtube.

One is a Landrover only event and the other is with no class limmitations.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
there is a race they do in the amazon jungle "cant recall the name" but have seen heaps of footage of it on youtube.

One is a Landrover only event and the other is with no class limmitations.
I can't imagine racing on a jungle.

Not only do you have to deal with the mud and much of a jungle but the wildlife too. Not to mention the wear and tear on your working parts then having to fix in that kind of environment.

Damn.