Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Hi Guys, nice to see you made it over ;-}

I completely forgot about 'boundaries'...

Please don't make it so you have to stay on the track.
As chilli mentioned, Free Roam.
Far too many driving games either force you to stay on the track with guardrails and such, or if you stray off it picks you up and drops you back on the 'road'.

Shortcut's can be a double edged sword.
Provided they are difficult enough and your driving skill, you can shave time or really blow it and loose time.

Here is a good example of shortcuts, as well as player screen options.

This is Bayou Flats in Evo 2.
A multi-lap checkpoint track.

As you approach checkpoint 1 the Map shows the road bending to the left, then going around in a U to meet checkpoint 2, while the big green pointer always points to the next checkpoint, not the road path.

With the right speed and direction right after clearing checkpoint 1, you can jump onto the back of the boat, and bounce up the other side of the hill right through checkpoint 2 and on your way.

Miss however and you hit the boat or land in the deep water and need to get 'rescued' back in front of checkpoint 1 with no speed and take the long way.

Note that is just a little animated .gif of four in game screenshots, not a replay.

I like to run 1st person view with as little screen clutter as possible.
No hood, no dash, etc.
The ability to toggle all of that really makes it nice so please keep that in mind.

Last edited by KCvale; 09-08-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Registered Member

whats going guys. glad to see a game that is all about the physics of how mud, swamp, water, hill climbs and the movement of axles and suspensions work during wheelen. i am a person that has a jeep that is built to the hilt. i don't know how easy it would be to contain the real life breakage characteristics of 4 wheelen. i mean not everyone breaks, its really only the people that have weak parts or, they just drive like idiots. would be sweet to see in the game like a treasure hunt or search and rescue. how about a trail run. that is what a lot of us 4 wheelen junkies do anyways. maybe have a temperature gauge for the on the display. i saw that one rig had the radiator in the back for when you have to battle the muddy water crossings. also have the ability to add under carriage lights for night wheelen. hope that some of this is useful.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckjeepfan View Post
whats going guys. glad to see a game that is all about the physics of how mud, swamp, water, hill climbs and the movement of axles and suspensions work during wheelen.
I agree ;-}

With that in mind I still can't stress enough how important the ability for a user to make a new vehicle from a free 3D program like Z-modeler is.

The 4x4 series shipped with SUV's and Pick-Ups.

Here are just some examples of what this ability allows to be created...

That is just a few of the thousands of 'from scratch' vehicles made that can be shared and played in-game and on-line with free tools.

Big rigs, hover craft, tanks, every car you think of, even boats!
All stand alone add-ons.

That is part 1 of keeping a game popular and prime for future II and III releases.

Part 2 is a stand alone editor to make your own custom Track maps as well.
This is much more complex of course, and maybe charge $20 for it or something, but even with a million vehicles the tracks get old.

That is what happened with Flatout.
A very fun arcadish game to play because of vehicle and terrain damage, but no way to make new tracks and even when they came out with Flatout 2 it was pretty much still the same tracks.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

No vehicles from me KC?

I too am from the 4x4 Evo community. Also there are several thousand people over at pirate4x4 forums who would probably go nuts for this game if it is in any way mod ready.

I'm a long time modder for 4x4evo 1 & 2, 1nsane, and a skinner for Screamer 4x4.

User based mods on the PC are a must for me. If I read reviews that say it is not modable, I will probably not buy the game.

Last edited by FaustKnight; 09-12-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Hahaha, sorry Faust, I just randomy picked a few sorted by 'most downloaded'.
You are a great modeler and make woderful add-ons.

Which of course brings us right back to this point...
A game can live forever and get far buyers if the players can actually make something totally unique, stand alone, and easy to add (or remove) in the game and share.

Please don't confuse this with in-game vehicle mods like paint and stickers and such, that takes no real skill and you never get anything that is completely unique and actually new to drive.

Last edited by KCvale; 09-13-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

I agree with everyone here. i too am from KCs evo forums, and everything in his post is something Id like to see.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Hi Moto, nice to see you ;-}
Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

Default my wish list

I have followed the prequals to this upcomming game full drive 3.

from what i have seen you have already incorperated alot of simulation depth game mechanics like winch and tyre pressure control in previous games, it looks like you are going more in depth this time, yet again. i read about your front rear differential locking and i instantly knew you guys were taking this to another level.

some suggestions i have include.

Damage: dont force pre race repairs for damaged parts like: body parts, lights, i love to see persistant damage, and do what repairs are manditory, as minimul as i can get away with.

And please go right into depth with damages such as blown tires, twisted/bent frames/chassis, realistic drive train damage.

thanks for your time to read that.

ps. KC, these guys arent going to let you down on any single player gameplay in any way, the chrome engine they use has already had a few custom cars and tracks added to other games, i dont think it was easy, but the modders did good jobs at some very custom creations.

and ps developers, please take notes on kc's multiplayer suggestions, if that part of the game is done right, full drive 3 will raise the bar to unmatchable heights in this small yet eager to grow game genre.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Is there a possibility for trucks such as Kamaz, Oshkosh and Tatra if it's not too late in the development?

Edit:

Just remembered modding tools are most likely going to be included, so someone will probably make trucks eventually.

Last edited by tvc; 10-31-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

hello . . . !!!
i am also new here , nice to meet you !!!
i have seen this game on other site start searching some videos found it awesome and decided to be a part
hope that i be warmly welcomed
my lead system pro

Last edited by thomasray; 11-13-2010 at 05:45 AM.