Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, check this thread

"Yeeha, Jester's dead!" - sorry, couldn't resist
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for this thread, I was actually thinking about posting something regarding this.

I've completed campaign on realistic, and usually fly realistic online but I'm trying to go through the single missions in simulator mode using the real cockpit. In addition to the problems stated by the OP, the problem I've found myself having is searching intently for a target, finally locating an aircraft, getting in position and engaging only to realize that it's a friendly The map isn't much help when there are red and blue dots all in the same place. I have to be right up in someones vertical stabilizer to see what kind of aircraft I'm firing on (I play on a 27" LCD HDTV.) My other major issue is when I'm in trail of a bandit and he crosses below the horizon line I constantly loose him in the ground clutter unless I'm within just a few hundred yards. When missions are time sensitive it takes me so long to locate a target, verify IFF and engage (much less shoot them down) that the time runs out most every time. Very frustrating

In addition to the great tips already suggested, any for my specific problems would be greatly appreciated.

On a completely unrelated note, is it me or is the P-51 easier to fly in sim with combat flaps engaged than it is in realistic with auto flaps?

@InfiniteStates - "Below the hard deck does not count."
Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlux View Post
On a completely unrelated note, is it me or is the P-51 easier to fly in sim with combat flaps engaged than it is in realistic with auto flaps?
I find a lot of the planes easier to fly in simulator mode personally, simply because of the manual flaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlux View Post
@InfiniteStates - "Below the hard deck does not count."
Dammit, busted
Old 10-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

You're not alone. I'm on a 50" plasma and I can't see squat in sim (worse in cockpit mode, but sadly that's my favorite!). Looking forward to the patch There just isn't enough contrast between the target at a distance and the sky, so my tv at least seems to bleed sky over the single pixle that would be the target and they vanish inside a certain range.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbuehler View Post
You're not alone. I'm on a 50" plasma and I can't see squat in sim (worse in cockpit mode, but sadly that's my favorite!). Looking forward to the patch There just isn't enough contrast between the target at a distance and the sky, so my tv at least seems to bleed sky over the single pixle that would be the target and they vanish inside a certain range.
This is my experience also. Similarly, zooming in on your target on a Korsun winter map causes some kind of white out which can block out even an enemy in reasonably close proximity (maybe 1000 ft?).
Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofdaves View Post
This is my experience also. Similarly, zooming in on your target on a Korsun winter map causes some kind of white out which can block out even an enemy in reasonably close proximity (maybe 1000 ft?).

I get that too, drives me crazy!! There, and the lightly foggy Britain maps. Its like I just turned on my high beams in the fog, it all glares out bad in the center of your field of view. I don't usually join those maps in Sim, as I don't have a prayer of getting anybody Played with the brightness, but even all the way down I can't make that stop.