Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Default SW 3 Best Ships per Generation

Excalibur First Generation Heavy Fighter

Raptor Second Generation Recon Fighter or Cleaner Second Generation Heavy Fighter

Raptor T Third Generation Attack Fighter or Eraser Third Generation Heavy Fighter

Siletto Mk 2 Fourth Generation Multirole Fighter or Puma Fourth Generation Heavy Fighter or Cheetah Fourth Generation Special Purpose Fighter

Wywern Mk 2 Fifth Generation Heavy Fighter or Gunslinger T Fifth Generation Heavy Fighter

Do you agree?
Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Trucidation

"Best" how? Fastest? Most maneuverable? Most number of system slots? Most number of gun slots? Most number of rocket slots? This is subjective and depends on your pilots' skills and formation.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

That was simple question, and you want to make lecture of it. If i would ask about qualification then maby we should talk in your direction but it just plain quastion, do you prefer those fighter or not, ok and tell us why. Thats it.

Regards
Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

I think Templar ships should not even be in the running, considering how massively overpowered they are compared to standard ships (How does a civilian outfit manage to build better hardware than the Empires and Corporations? The Greys were at least believable, if stretching it, the Templars were just plain over the top rediculous).

Overall, though, I think it is a bit incorrect to say 'Best ship of generation' simply because ships have specialized roles, and someone who might prefer missiles might like the Hrimthurs, while someone who prefers guns would prefer the Gunslinger.

Last edited by Nanaki; 11-08-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Youre right, so we can add a role status matter to this.

A can agree that Templars are overpowered (still not so easy to get and best of those ships are tier-5).
They wouldn be if you could go against even opponents in skills but there is no such fighter that could stand against one run with 2 heavey plasma and 2 heavy kinetics in Gunslinger-T and you still have one more system to make you fighter turn in place using manuver boost. Dragon is just not enough.
Trident-T omg, you know what this ship can do with latest Mirvs and 3 alien guns along with fire cooling and manuver boost, place 2 rep units on it and you are prity invincible. Hrimthurs-T is not my stile as i never needed more then 2 lunchers on my squad to trash enemys. Last pice of magic is a Raptor-T and that one is kinda exelence in way of overpower. cooling +4 wolfes + vidycator and you are ripping thrue anything even with poor skills.

Regards