Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

Freelansir, you asked what the indicator lamp was for and at least three posters told you. The Lorenz system was the same in essence for both the Luftwaffe and the RAF and the USAF early in the war. In 1943 this was superceded by the ingame American system which was just a more refined version of Lorenz. Ingame the later system does not work with Lorenz beacons (as clearly stated in the 4.10 release notes), although the princples are similar. I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to grasp that. If you are unable to get it to work ingame, that's a different question to "what's the lamp for?", don't you think? And if that's not your problem what is?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
Freelansir, you asked what the indicator lamp was for and at least three posters told you. The Lorenz system was the same in essence for both the Luftwaffe and the RAF and the USAF early in the war. In 1943 this was superceded by the ingame American system which was just a more refined version of Lorenz. Ingame the later system does not work with Lorenz beacons (as clearly stated in the 4.10 release notes), although the princples are similar. I don't understand why it is so difficult for you to grasp that. If you are unable to get it to work ingame, that's a different question to "what's the lamp for?", don't you think? And if that's not your problem what is?
*sigh*

There you go again trying to give history lessons.

I read about history too.

You are obsessed with the RAF using the Lorenz system; not what's presented in 410.

Quote:
The B-25 has ILS instrument which is much like the German counterpart, except that it's horizontal needle shows whether plane is above or below correct glide path. This instrument doesn't work with Lorenz beacon. It needs the Army Air Force Instrument Approach System beacon to work correctly.
I even tried pictures lest words didn't convey my question clearly enough but that didn't work.

My problem is people like you who can't restrain themselves to the limits of the thread's question and have to try to impress people.

I want this thread to end because I feel its going to get ugly soon and I don't want to get banned.

So besides my post count as mentioned by somebody as a qualifier of experience what's your next question ? My favorite color ?

Last edited by Freelansir; 10-13-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: specify the limits of 410
Old 10-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

I want to thank all who have contributed positive comments to this thread.

I have added an edit to my previous post but as an epilogue to this thread, include it here again as to why my query was limited to within 410 and not the real world.

Quote:
The B-25 has ILS instrument which is much like the German counterpart, except that it's horizontal needle shows whether plane is above or below correct glide path. This instrument doesn't work with Lorenz beacon. It needs the Army Air Force Instrument Approach System beacon to work correctly.
Take care,

Freelansir