Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb "human" Flak/AA, meaning friendly Fire enabled

hi Il2-friends,

one feature that I´m missing in IL2 and would like to see in SOW/BOB, is the fact that reconaissance of airplanes truely not that easy neither in the air, nor on the ground.

This is why as far as I read, that in invasion of poland, about 20% of the losses/damages of german fighter-airplanes where damaged either by their own flak or by their Bombers barage/defence-fire.

So as this is a historical fact, I would love to see it in the new Game(if possible also in IL2).

Of course this human error of "friendly fire" counts for all sides.

What do you think guys and of course Oleg?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by II/JG54_Emil View Post
hi Il2-friends,

one feature that I´m missing in IL2 and would like to see in SOW/BOB, is the fact that reconaissance of airplanes truely not that easy neither in the air, nor on the ground.

This is why as far as I read, that in invasion of poland, about 20% of the losses/damages of german fighter-airplanes where damaged either by their own flak or by their Bombers barage/defence-fire.

So as this is a historical fact, I would love to see it in the new Game(if possible also in IL2).

Of course this human error of "friendly fire" counts for all sides.

What do you think guys and of course Oleg?
saw someone in uk-ded2 get their wing sawn off by friendly AA as they were coming in to land. granted they were also being attacked by a bandit, the AA's target, but they were caught by the firendly fire. i've been damaged by friendly flak as well on occasion. maybe not as frequent as in reality, but it can still happen.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

But that´s happenign by coincidence.
When your chased and and there is friendly aa around they aim for the enemy! always!

What I´m talking about is that I would like to see that they can mistake you for an enemy and shoot at you especially from long distance.

again, 20% of the axis losses, on the poland campaign/invasion, was due to friendly fire from their own flak or their Bombers barage/defence-fire.
It was probably less in the later war, wich brings in the factor of experience.

and in game I´m not being shot at 1 out of 5 times.
I´m just asking for "historical accuracy"(if such a thing exists).

I would love to see it as a feature of this wonderfull simulation.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

The importance of day- and night signals to AA batteries in the form of flares in different colours, “colour of the day”; and Morse code by Aldis lamp have never been depicted in any flightsim as far as I know . The fog of war made “Blue on Blue” incidences very common

Viking
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

I know that I will be extremely p...ed if I get shot down by my own flak after returning from a long and challenging mission.
This goes under the same thing as occational engine failures and so on. If these features are implementetd in the game they must be possible to switch off.
Getting killed by circumstances you are in no position to control is actually not very fun, even though it is higly realistic..

Skarphol
Old 02-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Being able to identify yourself to friendly AA by a flare from the flare gun would be cool but none of us want 100% real. How fun to fly around for 4 years bagging one or two enemies or so?.

Viking
Old 02-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

IL2 has this feature, just set flak to "none" instead of red or blue, this applies to shipping also, use the time out feature to fine tune coop missions of if df server maps keep "none" artillery away from airfields or blank out a/f area with "object" behind flak gun to stop landing friendly aircraft being fired upon, you can use some vehicles with less lethal armament instead of flak for a better effect.

If anything with artillery/flak in SOW it would be good to have percentage levels for accuracy and effect for the flak type put up (barrage/defence) instead of the sniper style we have now.

Flak in SOW should be far more adjustable than it is or has been In IL2 series.

Good Luck

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 02-06-2008 at 08:08 PM.