Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

Smile 'Jagdverband 44 - The Bats out of Hell' -new offline campaign

I have just posted a new 'offline' campaign on mission4today - see link below

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3470

I recently read the excellent Osprey Publishing - Aviation Elite Units - 'Jagdverband 44 - Squadron of Experten' that inspired me to make this campaign.
The campaign historically follows the daily combat missions from Brandenberg-Briest to Innsbruck - 26 missions.

Oleg has made the flight characteristics of the Me262 fairly close to the real thing, especially managing the Junkers Jumo turbo-jet engines. To help you master the 262's tricky flight characteristics, I have included a comprehensive 'Pilot's notes' and 'coloured' cutaway drawing of the early jet engine to be used together.

The name 'Bats out of Hell' came from a commentry from a USAF Marauder top gunner when he said - 'What the hell was that? it was going like a Bat out of Hell' - a Jv44 262 had just gone past his aircraft at over 850kph! - this was his first sighting of a German jet fighter.

The campaign is made in game version 4.09b1m and uses the Berlin map and Bessarabia map (simulating southern Germany and the Bavarian Alps).

Hope you enjoy playing it?

DFLion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jv44.jpg (927.2 KB, 12 views)