Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Hello dflion

Thanks for creating the campaign,enjoying it very much,it is mighty hard to deal with german planes with the Hurricane 1938 mg's but its chalanging.By now flew 6 missions and its great.
It is very nice that guyz like you and IceFire are creating missions according pilot books like the Clostermann book( love the Storm clouds campaign that IceFire created according it)
I red the Clostermann and Alan Deer books and will try to get Roland Beaumont's book.

Cheers
gprr
Old 03-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
@ mads

I'm doing pretty good mate! Weak as a kitten and rather battle-scarred, but I've been sleeping way past the 6 hours max that I got before the operation. Pain greatly decreased too - it's looking good.
B

That's great news brando. I am very happy for you that the operation seems a sucess. Here's to continued recovery.

It was a week ago, right? Sometimes medicine makes you scratch your head in amazement. (been through my share of experiences.)
Old 03-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up 'My Part of the Sky' - enjoying campaign

Hi gprr,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the campaign. One of the great features of Oleg's IL2 classic flight sim is that you can create campaigns that are very historical - this feature will only get better when Oleg releases the 'Storm of War BOB' flight sim.

I had difficullty getting hold of my copy of Roland Beaumont's book 'My Part of the Sky'. I finally picked up an excellent condition second hand copy from 'alibris books' -www.alibris.com
This book is a great read, which vividly descibes his flight experiences during WWII which I hoped I have captured in the campaign.
DFLion
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

dflion: this link showed up on M4T the other day, courtesy of Duggy. Within it, if you look for the TSR 2, you will find an excellent colour, but mute, video of Roland conducting a BAC test flight. Some good views of RB dismounting the aircraft, at the end of the 4 min video.
Cheers . . .

sonicbomb.com/vomv.php...age%202000
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Smile RB test flying the TSR2

Thanks Mogster,
I will have a look at this film clip.
What a sad story the TSR2 saga was - obviously with Roland test flying the aircraft it would have been a fantastic plane if it had become operational.
In his 'My Part of the Sky' memoirs you quickly get the feeling of his absolute 'love of flying' - his descriptions of aircraft handling and weather flying conditions are superb. You can see why Hawkers grabbed him to be one of their test pilots during the war.
DFLion
Old 03-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflion View Post
Hi gprr,

This book is a great read, which vividly descibes his flight experiences during WWII which I hoped I have captured in the campaign.
DFLion
I think you did a very good job

Cheers
gprr