Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Tree_UK

Default First impressions with new rig.

Hi guys, thought i would post my first thoughts since getting my new PC, my old PC had plenty of CPU power but the SLI config was killing the game. Anyhow-

The game runs fairly smooth for me, although i haven't taken part in any major battles over land, but running at 1920X1200 with everything turned up to the max Iam getting around 50FPS whitch drops to around 30FPS when flying low over land. I am not seeing any stutters now, but there is a wierd shimmer coming from the terrain. The terrain does look fairly reasonable from mid altitude but looks very good when down low, the only downside is the brightness of the green colours, its like being at a early 90's rave party, its too much. However if you alter the time to early morning/late afternoon then this helps considerably.
I haven't fully configured my joystick setup yet but so far the FM feels good, the cockpit detail is incredible along with the damage models. The sounds well, they need work but are bearable. There are a lot of major bugs which have all been listed so I wont go into that, the most annoying one for me though is being able to fly through the Tree's, its just wrong. Overall I can finally see that this game could have hugh potential it just desperately needs fixing, and needs a big big rig to run it.

S! Tree
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Langnasen

Nice rig Tree.

For the garish landscape go into your Nvidia control panel and find the digital-vibrance slider. I have mine at 17%. Yes, it's a global effect but I find the reduced colour saturation across the board quite pleasant and you'll soon get used to it. In CoD it makes a world of difference to the colour of the landscape.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Nice rig tree...enjoy!

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 05-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
the only downside is the brightness of the green colours, its like being at a early 90's rave party, its too much.
i found the same until i tweaked my "Adjust desktop color settings" option in Nvidia control panel.. made a world of difference. I've got used to the new setting in other apps & desktop and now actually prefer it. Main thing i did was reduce Digital Vibrance..
Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Approved Member

He's alive, nice rig its good to see your still posting tree.

P.S. I owe u an apology you were proven right flying above London was a bit laggy, sorry for calling u a troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

"the most annoying one for me though is being able to fly through the Tree's, its just wrong"
lol....lets see how annoyed you get when/if they give trees collision models, and I turn mine off on my modest rig, then you follow me down to the dirt through the trees I dont have but you do. Just a thought
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

thats the proplem to give the CoD trees a collision modell ! at least online.

additional to a possible performance decrease.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
"the most annoying one for me though is being able to fly through the Tree's, its just wrong"
lol....lets see how annoyed you get when/if they give trees collision models, and I turn mine off on my modest rig, then you follow me down to the dirt through the trees I dont have but you do. Just a thought

Sry to have to break it to u, but u will be the one crashing into invisible trees

But i understand your point and hope they can fix it so it can be used without that apparent advantage/dissadvantage. Would love to go down low running a gauntlet to get rid of persuers . Either way its proppably gonna be an option set by the server online.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Tree

Since you say your cpu is overclocked I assume you meant the I7 2600k not the plain I7 2600.

Is the Sabertooth worth the extra money?
Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll2k View Post
Tree

Since you say your cpu is overclocked I assume you meant the I7 2600k not the plain I7 2600.

Is the Sabertooth worth the extra money?
Yes sorry the i7 2600k, in my opinion the Sabertooth is a great bit of kit, i did stick a 50mm fan next to the CPU, you can remove a flap on the armour and install it, it just helps keep the PCIE slots at a lower temp.