Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 10-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Default Staff of Destruction - Argh!!

Anyone else pulling their hair out because of this freakishly strong "hero" in the archmage's tower in Arlania? I've tried fighting it twice with a level 8/9 mage and failed, and now with a level 10 warrior and keep losing. The thing is just too freakishly strong, decimating my armies with some kind of chain lightning, and helped along with those gremlin towers.

Is/Was anyone else frustrated with this? Frustrated because I've wasted so much time!:
Old 10-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Leave that alone for while. It is reasonable difficulty after you return from pirate islands.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I'll do that.

I reckon I won't be tackling that Enema kid before level 20 either.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Yeah it sure is strange that there are a handful of fights in Darion that are much harder than everything else:

Enema kid - this sucks because you have no indication that it will be a hard fight.

Staff of Destruction - at least you can see that it is level 14 so you can tell whether you should go for it. Personally I would leave it alone until after Kordar.

Troops guarding King's Tent - a stack of 70 Horsemen? Yeah, that's doable at level 5.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Troops guarding King's Tent - a stack of 70 Horsemen? Yeah, that's doable at level 5.
What is worse, is that when you get finally powerful enough to defeat them, you'll realize there is not enough knights or horsemen there to fill up single stack.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

It's possible to lead the enemy away from the tent, loop back and recuit some horsemen.

I used them a bit in the Freedom Isles, but they didn't fit in too well with my (ranged attackers) army.
________
Honda RC111

Last edited by bugmenot; 01-23-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by player1 View Post
What is worse, is that when you get finally powerful enough to defeat them, you'll realize there is not enough knights or horsemen there to fill up single stack.
YES!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Finally defeated the bleedin' thing with my level 11 warrior. I got a perverse feeling of pleasure every time one of those gremlins slid down into the abyss.

The 300 experience is quite unimpressive at this point and for such a foe, and the archmage tower offers a pathetic 10 archmages and 16 inquisitors. Gar!

Last edited by Metathron; 10-20-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Finally defeated the bleedin' thing with my level 11 warrior. I got a perverse feeling of pleasure every time one of those gremlins slid down into the abyss.

The 300 experience is quite unimpressive at this point and for such a foe, and the archmage tower offers a pathetic 10 archmages and 16 inquisitors. Gar!
Spoiler Alert

In two different games now I asked for the staff. He refused but both times he game me an Adherent's Staff instead. I wonder if you have to ask for the staff to get that one? Both times I already had one but it will be worth a lot of money when I can upgrade it to the 3rd level.

At 2nd level it is +2 Intellect and I believe it will be +5 at level 3 so I'm going to wait until my Intellect is at 32 then see if I can upgrade the staff so it will bring my Intellect to 35.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

You can use Sacrifice to create a full stack of Horsemen, so really you only need 1 Horseman from the King's tent using the pathfinding exploit. I love Horsemen so I have made this a priority.

Adherent's Staff (which upgrades to Archmage's Staff) is very nice for a mage once it's upgraded. I think it's +4 intellect from memory. In my last game I had two, both of which were equipped when I had Xeona, who can equip two weapons (3 in total including yourself).