Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

I think also that getting 68 int is not that common of a thing. My current mage game has only about 30 active int (Could get a bit more, but not efficiently). Sure, some games you can tank around with a bunch of items giving 4 or 5 int, but sometimes you just don't get them.

Also, I think it is a little off to say you 'need' to cast nuke spells early on... because they are required for fire mage achievement. There isn't any reason that you have to get a medal for the game to be a success.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
It would appear that you want to have a playthrough where you do the most damage with spells right from the start. If I am correct in assuming that, there are ways to do it here, and you are by all means free to pursue them. Regretfully, Time Back is a spell now, which means you'll be wasting quite a lot of mana, but it is doable if you use the mana accelerator pet dragon ability to regain at least part of what you waste and calm rage for some more.
At last you understand me correctly, huraay
Problems are few. Spells damage is poor scalable through whole game and some need slightly redesigned (rainfire radius f.e.).

Sadly right now mage has only one playstyle tank'n'spank :/. Lets call him a enchanter one as he use buffs to squish as much as possible from his own troops and curse enemies.
Both destruction mage and summoner one looks like not available so far.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

My experiences have shown that they are available - the problem is that they become available around lvl 35-40 (maybe sooner if you manage to luck out with geyser or death star in good locations - for example, I found mine in montero once and in verona twice), which is pretty late in the game, and till then, as you put it, "tank'n'spank" is the usual way, I agree.

Temjin made an intresting suggestion. Well, evlin is a spell that kills part of a living stack, but it does require a corpse, which is kind of hard to find in the beginning of the battle

However, I still feel that there may be a way to do a playthrough where the spell damage will be the dominant one. All I need is a lot of mana, a stack of Black Knights and some spells. Might be fun to try it out.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Approved Member

I would like to point out by the way, that it is a complete fallacy to say that spells do not do % damage, as all poison and fire effects will cause percent damage up to 13% of a stack. This is pretty darn useful at wearing away large stacks, especially with spells like fireball that can debuff multiple stacks at once in this manner. Ball lightning often does it better... but not always!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

BTW, while we are on the topic of doing more damage with your spellbook, I'm seeing something strange. The traps you cast (not the pre-set ones) do not count as spellbook damage, do not count as troop damage... They simply don't count at all

The battle report in the end shows that neither your pet, nor your troops, or your spellbook did any damage Funny.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash View Post
Please give me break, yes you can use even need to use fireball in early stage because at the beggining his damage if you go fast Chaos lvl 3 nice especially against plants.
But i will not believe that u used offensive spells through all battles (bosses excluded) for their damage capabilities.

Show me your score page where your damage done by spells is higher than damage done by your troops.

Maybe in late game is possible once you get Armaggedon, Geyser or DeathStar but before this relaying on fireball or rainfire only will go you no where i think as they drop in efectives very fast. There is one still thing to try it may work or not... hmm... Worst thing is you do not get back mana where your spells do the kills.

Well rules for playstyle are simple in every fight your spells has to do mayor part of damage (boss battle excluded)

Black Dragons + Gloth Armor? No i used one stack of lvl 4 Demons (unlimited retaliate awesome stats, can be resurrected) plus 2 x Armageddon and Back Time.

And before this combination i used necromancers, 2 x imps, demons, mistress and 2 x geyser for really nice aoe havoc in enemy army.

P.S. No mods allowed, so no gift bag.
Here screenshot 89% spellbook dmg .

http://i49.tinypic.com/opvalh.jpg

You can read more detailes about my play on "tactics discussions" part of the forum, on my thread . You have save games too . Could have done close 100% spellbook dmg if i kited more with my trops and did not let them retaliate . (only unavoidable troop damage is boss tanking retaliates)
Old 01-31-2010, 04:08 AM
Approved Member

My favorite "spell" that does % damage isn't a spell at all--it's Diplomacy.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

evlin does % damage, 50% actually, and thats lot