Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Zuti MDS Still Not Ready For Prime Time.

DT crew, I suspect you are already dealing with this show stopping issue, and also suspect that it will probably kill inclusion of the Zuti MDS in an official release.

I am speaking of the problem of time synchronization for all players, especially those that join a map in progress that has been running for some time, as is the case for most "dog fight" servers online.

This issue is not apparent for players that join a map when it is launched, as would be the case in a traditional co-op, or in the case of a "dogfight" server as used in an online war scenario when all plays must join at the beginning.

However if you come in to a server that has been running for some time you will have issues with moving objects not being where others see them as your time reference with the server (or whatever it is called) is not synchronized with the sever or other players. This is especially apparent for vehicles moving on the ground, and for ships.

This has been a problem since the introduction of the Zuti Moving Dogfight Server "modlet", and it has still not been properly addressed in the latest version of that code.

It's a genuine pity too, as the inclusion of the MDS into the official versions of the sim would be a bonanza for mission builders, as when it works it totally changes the join when you want dogfight server by giving a quantum leap to immersion.

I hope this can be worked out, as if it would work, it would be a big nail in the coffin of mods for me, and many others.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

Last edited by ElAurens; 11-14-2010 at 02:58 PM.