Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Default Game won't work

I bought this game today from a Best Buy electronics store in USA. I can't get the game to accept my profile name. Any button I push takes me to "select profile" and it just doesn't work. I can't even access the encyclopedia without having to set up my profile which doesn't work.

I have downloaded the uber patch. It's a zip file. When I open this patch, will it automatically install in the games files? Or do I have to manually place them there? If that is the case, I need a step by step description of how to do this.

The game booklet says Battlefront on the back cover. Also cdv, whatever that is.

Anyone who can help, I'd be much obliged.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Update:

I have Vista OS, so I figured out the right click and choose "run as Administrator" option. That got the game running.

However, the uber patch question still applies. Anyone help me?
Old 07-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

I think you can find the answer here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=2987&page=3
Old 07-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Hello Barbosa
Which version number is on main menu game screen, top right corner? Chances are, you already have latest version since cdv published version 1.10.0.81.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

It is 1.19.0.81. Thanks Sneaksie.
So I am to understand that this version has the uber patch?

I do have another question now:
I can save missions and the auto save works, But where in the world to I go to pick up where I last played? I'm getting tired of having to play every mission over to continue.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Yes, CDV version is up-to-date.
I'm not fully understand you, but there is 'continue' button in singleplayer menu, which loads last save. If it is greyed out and there is no saves in load menu, then none saves were actually made due to write access denial for some reason. Do you run the game using 'Run as Administrator' context menu option? Did you install the game to default location (path to game files must not contain exclamation marks and such).
Old 07-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Yes, CDV version is up-to-date.
I'm not fully understand you, but there is 'continue' button in singleplayer menu, which loads last save. If it is greyed out and there is no saves in load menu, then none saves were actually made due to write access denial for some reason.
The button I have says "Load Game". It's grayed out.

Quote:
Do you run the game using 'Run as Administrator' context menu option?
Yes.

Quote:
Did you install the game to default location (path to game files must not contain exclamation marks and such).
I don't know how to do this nor where to look to see if it was done automatically and correctly.

Thanks a bunch for your help, though. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Barbosa; 07-09-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Approved Member

Let's try this: start the game, start any mission, save the game, quit from the mission and the game, then send log.lst file to dina@1c.ru, we'll try to determine why saving doesn't work. Also, zip 'Users' directory in main game directory and attach it to e-mail too (it should not be big since it appears that saves are not being er... saved).
In addition, what is the path to the game directory? By default it should be something like 'C:\Program Files\CDV\Theatre of War'.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:46 AM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
It is 1.19.0.81. Thanks Sneaksie.
So I am to understand that this version has the uber patch?

I do have another question now:
I can save missions and the auto save works, But where in the world to I go to pick up where I last played? I'm getting tired of having to play every mission over to continue.
1.19? Did I miss an update Sneaksie? Mine states 1.10.0.81

I don't see that over at Battlefront.com http://www.battlefront.com/
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc