Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-05-2011, 05:33 AM
Approved Member

Default How big will the new story line be?

Will it be as big as the story from Armored Princess? I hope it will, or even bigger. That was the only thing I really didn't like about crossworlds. The lack of a new campaign was really disappointing (I mean full campaign, I know there were two smaller ones)
Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Yes, I hope so too. I really didn't care about the two mini campaigns, nor about the fact that they were not advertised as mini campaigns, but instead as three new campaigns. The only upside to Crossworlds for me were the creature, spell,...etc modifications, so here's hoping WotN has a long, immersive campaign like Armored Princess.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

I concur. Also I really loved Defender of the crown campaign (must have finished it at least 30 times) I like more really long campaigns.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Yes, I hope so too. I really didn't care about the two mini campaigns, nor about the fact that they were not advertised as mini campaigns, but instead as three new campaigns. The only upside to Crossworlds for me were the creature, spell,...etc modifications, so here's hoping WotN has a long, immersive campaign like Armored Princess.
Yeah I agree. I actually thought "wow! 3 campaigns". Wish it had been advertised a bit different :-/. Hopefully warriors of the north will be a big one
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

What we hope for, and what will we get arent same things ppl
Since announcing WotN some 2 months ago, there were no other official news on 1C forum, so i wont hold my breath for some campaign 3 times longer then AP and 4 times more fun. This whole genre isnt hyped up like fps,or moab nowdays. So we will have to be grateful for what we get.
And w8 for red sands crew and other free moders to give their best in making almost new game with their ideas
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

It's a bit early to compare the exact time of gameplay, but from what I know, it should be much longer the Crossworlds. Mamybe smth like AR. But definitely it's going to be a very interesting and long campaign
Old 12-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Nike. I really prefered KB-L campaign to KB-AP campaign (even though game play was a bit improved in AP). This sounds like it might be more along the lines of KB-L.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

AP has a lot more replay value though as it's not as much of a grind. A mixture of the two would be great. Game play is mucher greater in AP imo. Much more tactical with the achievements and even the skill trees
Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Registered Member

I'm glad it's not an engine overhaul or something like that.

I really hope for a solid, comprehensive user-side editor and random map generation though.

I think KB would go down in history as the greatest of the turn-based heroic fantasy genre if only it gets something as good as the Age of Wonders 2 map/campaign design tools. The community would seriously get large fast and it would stick around forever.

The problem with these campaigns is they wear thin in time ... one always wants for more "map" content. It seems natural to allow users to make that content, and then there will be all the more excitement in official content because there is a healthy community. Also official expansions can provide larger modifications, item sets, units, etc. from the people who know what they are doing, which could be applied in a modular fashion.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Approved Member

Story?? I'd gladly sacrifice story for the addition of ~1million more battles!