Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Tvrdi

Default Why do we have 2 copies of the game?

That bothers me from the start....on example we cleared cache files in CLOD version which is installed in my docs. Also earlier in the patching process we changed conf.ini values there. Now with latest hotfix we need to copy that into steam/steaps/common/clod. Like last two beta patches.
So whats up with two versions of the same game? Which conf.ini should be changed to affect the game etc? One from the my doc or from steam?

Last edited by Tvrdi; 10-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

i also often wondering if someone is talking about editing an ini file ( like luthier now in the beta hotfix...), wich one, the one ine 1CSoftclub or the STEAM folder.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

User folder overrides Steam folder.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

But it's not 2 copies of the game, the main game directory is in the steamapps, and the 1Csoftclub folder just contains some configuration files and file dumps (cache) and save files, not uncommon in most games to have the saves and configs in a folder in my docs.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

the il2 folder from the steam app contains the default files the game is using to generate user's customized settings, which are saved in user's folder, on C drive.