Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula88 View Post
Seriously? This is one of the last things anyone should care about in a combat sim; the color of the sunset. Yeah so what, it isnt perfect but wouldnt you rather have working crossfire support and anti-aliasing as opposed to a pretty sunset? I mean come on, bitch about more planes or a better campaign or the sound issues. The ******* sunset coloring?? Get a life dickhead. The lighting is fine until all other issues are ironed out.
Someone please send this guy back to school.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
Someone please send this guy back to school.
Calm down man, it was a small typo because he's upset about some of the problems that the game still has. Totally understandable IMHO
He meant to say "Get a LIVE dickhead" as opposed to that sorry thing that your holding right now. (no offense)
BTW I've lived in socal for a long time and I honestly don't remember sunsets/sunrises quite that pink. Maybe the devs can adjust it back the way it was.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Cry me a river...The point is that other things are more important. I live in Southern California so yes, occasionally you see sunrises and sunsets like this. This isnt FSX with the REX add-on, you cant have dynamic skies for different looks all the time. No matter what not everyone will be happy with a given look and personally I could give a shit less what the sky looks like until the other huge technical issues are sorted. This little niggling detail you bring up can probably be fixed in 2 minutes by the devs, if they care to bother with it. Give me pink, purple, bright ass green skies for all I care, but fixing the AA, Crossfire and sound issues for many people should be first priority. After that give us more content, and perhaps when all this is done then you can have your "perfect" skies back, maybe.
it wasn't broken before... there was no need to alter/ fix/ change it
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

haa haa, someone's upset that he accidentally bought the girl's version!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Formula88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
haa haa, someone's upset that he accidentally bought the girl's version!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Approved Member

Color balance was almost fine before, except glass tint, which made everything slightly too yellow from inside cockpit. Now everything has too much pink.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Seriously? This is one of the last things anyone should care about in a combat sim; the color of the sunset. Yeah so what, it isnt perfect but wouldnt you rather have working crossfire support and anti-aliasing as opposed to a pretty sunset? I mean come on, more planes or a better campaign or the sound issues. The lighting is fine until all other issues are ironed out.

I edited your posting as a reminder... vulgarity and profanity in postings will get you banned.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
Is this how the morings look in your area?

Looks really good to me. Sunrises/Sunsets do look different from the air than on the ground. Seen them many times (I'm a commercial pilot).

MAC
Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

I'm just going to link to some random google image search picture

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3647/...64468e4995.jpg
Old 05-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Luthier,

This looks pretty good actually but is it possible to replicate the magnifying effect of the earths' atmosphere on the visual size of the sun as it descends/rises?

eg:

That would be a first in flight sims afaik. The colours in your update look fine to me, from what I've read there's usually a lot of haze in that region during summer and it sometimes does take on a pinkish hue at dawn/dusk.

Last edited by JimmyBlonde; 05-26-2011 at 08:05 AM.