Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Why did you mess up the lighting ?

Why?

This was one of the two best things in the game. I loved the natural colors of the sunset and sun rise.

Why did you throw that pink all over everything? I just don't understand.
Twh things in this game were perfect. The cockpits and the sun set colors.
Was it because of the complains about the landscape colors? If so, why didn't you adjust the colors of those landscape textures instead of throwing a bucket of pink over everything?

It looks so bloody cheap. Like some cheap console game that just paints the sky pink and calls it sunset.
It was perfect. Why ruin something perfect?
Fix the textures of the landscape don't ruin one of the very few excelent features of the game.

This is pissing me off.
I finally got all the parts in and put my computer togheter and when I install the game, for the first time after the new "fix", what do I find? A messy pink hue over everything that totally ruined the beautiful natural orange sunsets. This is very poor job guys.

I like this game, but looks like you are just trying to kill all the interest people have in it.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Ali Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
I finally got all the parts in and put my computer togheter and when I install the game, for the first time after the new "fix", what do I find? A messy pink hue over everything that totally ruined the beautiful natural orange sunsets.(
Funny you should say that. i had the same problem recently.

have you checked your monitor colour settings and graphics card colouring settings. btw its a fact that theres not as much red balance with the new lighting applied in v14550

Last edited by Ali Fish; 05-25-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why?

This was one of the two best things in the game. I loved the natural colors of the sunset and sun rise.

Was it because of the complains about the landscape colors? If so, why didn't you adjust the colors of those landscape textures instead of throwing a bucket of pink over everything?

It looks so bloody cheap. Like some cheap console game that just paints the sky pink and calls it sunset.
Fix the textures of the landscape don't ruin one of the very few excelent features of the game.

This is pissing me off.
I finally got all the parts in and put my computer togheter and when I install the game, for the first time after the new "fix", what do I find? A messy pink hue over everything that totally ruined the beautiful natural orange sunsets. This is very poor job guys.

I like this game, but looks like you are just trying to kill all the interest people have in it.

Completely agree.
And all for that people claiming for the unrealistic WOP color. Go play consoles!
Damn.

Return the good lighting please!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Ali Fish

Interesting.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Formula88

Quote:
Why?

This is pissing me off.

Seriously? This is one of the last things anyone should care about in a combat sim; the color of the sunset. Yeah so what, it isnt perfect but wouldnt you rather have working crossfire support and anti-aliasing as opposed to a pretty sunset? I mean come on, more planes or a better campaign or the sound issues. The lighting is fine until all other issues are ironed out.

I edited your posting as a reminder... vulgarity and profanity in postings will get you banned.

Last edited by nearmiss; 05-26-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
Funny you should say that. i had the same problem recently.

have you checked your monitor colour settings and graphics card colouring settings. btw its a fact that theres not as much red balance with the new lighting applied in v14550
I recalibrated the monitor again and it made little difference.

Everything is just pink. The game lost that natural look.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula88 View Post
Seriously? This is one of the last things anyone should care about in a combat sim; the color of the sunset. Yeah so what, it isnt perfect but wouldnt you rather have working crossfire support and anti-aliasing as opposed to a pretty sunset? I mean come on, bitch about more planes or a better campaign or the sound issues. The ******* sunset coloring?? Get a life dickhead. The lighting is fine until all other issues are ironed out.
You reallky don't get it.

I didn't complained about something that should be done, is not in game, or is broken.

I complain about something that was perfect and it was completely messed up!!!!

It doesn't matter what you think is important and what you think should be fixed first. The thing is that they destroyed one of the few things that were outstandin in the game for no reason.

Is this how the morings look in your area?

Old 05-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Formula88

Cry me a river...The point is that other things are more important. I live in Southern California so yes, occasionally you see sunrises and sunsets like this. This isnt FSX with the REX add-on, you cant have dynamic skies for different looks all the time. No matter what not everyone will be happy with a given look and personally I could give a shit less what the sky looks like until the other huge technical issues are sorted. This little niggling detail you bring up can probably be fixed in 2 minutes by the devs, if they care to bother with it. Give me pink, purple, bright ass green skies for all I care, but fixing the AA, Crossfire and sound issues for many people should be first priority. After that give us more content, and perhaps when all this is done then you can have your "perfect" skies back, maybe.

Last edited by Formula88; 05-26-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula88 View Post
Cry me a river...
Why bother posting if you don't have anything useful to add?

This is not about what needs fixing. Go whine somwhere else about things you want fixed. This is about something that they should not have touched!

I think they tried to make the ground textures look less bright and instead of doing it the propper way, by adjusting the colors of the actual ground textures, they just moved the hue slider towards red and called it a fix.

Last edited by Jaws2002; 05-26-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Formula88

Quote:
Why bother posting if you don't have anything useful to add?

And your original post was so useful, I'm sure the devs will gift you a free copy of CLoD for helping them identify the "pink" skies issue...