Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Ingame colors are fine though for 12.00 at a sunny day. We lack high alt clouds to get more correct light on the ground I think.
Well, I go flying over the South of England at around 12:00 quite often and I think the colours in CloD look reasonable, but not particularly good. RoF is better. To me the main differences between real life and CloD are:

1. The real life colours are darker and more intense than in CloD. Green fields can be a bright but intense green.

2. Trees look darker from the air than they do in CloD.

3. Real-life fields often have dark green hedges at their borders.

To me, CloD looks washed out and too pale compared to real life.

Cheers,

Nick

Old 04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Two thumbs WAYYYYYY UP!!

TY Oleg!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:00 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Here it is ingame colors. Simply other time of day...
However I agree that tunes of the colors should be done in future. It isn't simply there in the game just gamma or RGB. In realoity there is done very compex mix of real light laws. It is very hard to get them alos like the human eye will see it. From another point of view, how it is done with physics - it is right. Color changed depending time of day, altitude, thickness of air masses, etc
I think the colours are not that bad at all. I believe the problem is rather that we fly always on sunny days that's why the colours have a yellowish shift. The only thing that is a bit off is that there is too little contrast in colours between the different types of meadows and fields. Rise of Flight is too desaturated.

Also the eyes and brain does play tricks on us. Something that appears to us as completely white is not white but greyish or yellowish when compared to something that is whiter.

One thing I would like to see is to have more a blueish horizon and a shift to blue when at very high altitude. Horizon only gets this whitish when it is overcast.

Last edited by 41Sqn_Stormcrow; 04-20-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

how they was able to get this antiallising work in this videos
mine is at 8x and still have edges
Old 04-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
Rise of Flight is too desaturated.
Edit RoF's startup.cfg file and set saturation=1.0000 and the colours are much better. For some reason, it was changed from the original 1.0000 to a washed-out 0.75 in an update of about six moinths ago.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

Stunning video, great work!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
hey oleg.

have yo uconsidered moving this kind of colours in game, or at least a midpoint between that and waht we have now?

they do look better!

another awsome video
If you set your Video option: Landscape Lighting to "High" and set mission time to 07-07:30 it will look exactly like that for you!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

I watched this very cool vid, and noticed that the props looking arkward after the engine start. It spins up, and a split second later it turns to a smaller cirlce of blur. Is it normal? At the cocpit view iof the Hurricane it' barley visible too. In the sturmo' 46 i dind't noticed such thing. Is maybe the sup!d epilleptic senslessness behind this also? I read that this should be with a patch optional...
Old 04-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunge View Post
I watched this very cool vid, and noticed that the props looking arkward after the engine start. It spins up, and a split second later it turns to a smaller cirlce of blur. Is it normal? At the cocpit view iof the Hurricane it' barley visible too. In the sturmo' 46 i dind't noticed such thing. Is maybe the sup!d epilleptic senslessness behind this also? I read that this should be with a patch optional...
They are simulating the prop as seen through a camera. The FPS camera setting can cause the prop to appear to spin backwards at certain RPM settings.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
They are simulating the prop as seen through a camera. The FPS camera setting can cause the prop to appear to spin backwards at certain RPM settings.
Thats the Doppler effect, but that has nothing comon with this. At 0:15 the diameter got instantly smaller without transition and just a blurry circle is there. I would be very happy to enjoy the doppler effect also in the SIM (it's a simulaton, isn't it?).