Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
Great news! Looking forward to it!

This is bad, however. As a developer team deeply devoted to portraying realistic WWII air combat, please don't listen too much to the whiners please .

However, contrary to my last sentence ( ), I'm still missing some remedy for the "which heading am I going" - issue (like the old hdg bar). I hope it's just left out from the notes
yeah, I was affraid of this sort of thing happening too......RPM gauges are electric now too........bummer
Old 04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

First test behind, night and day, its the difference, very smooth over london now

THANKS TO DEVS FOR GREAT WORK, holy moses, it's so beutiful witout stutter.

Kankkis
Old 04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
* Completely removed overload assessment from carburetters. Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)
IMHO 'most of the players' should learn how to fly, rather than forcing the rest of us on a dumbed-down, less realistic version....

But anyhow.
Getting the patch, I'll be submitting reports

(please consider switch back to dead-on settings or at least make them optional. Some of us like realism...)
Old 04-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

This is bad, however. As a developer team deeply devoted to portraying realistic WWII air combat, please don't listen too much to the whiners please .
Yes, to many changes are made because some people "feel" that it is not right. Sad

Give us back the complicated compass, real negative g cut out limits and mechanic gauges!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

first of all thanks to the dev team for your hard work
really appreciate it!

Quote:

However, contrary to my last sentence ( ), I'm still missing some remedy for the "which heading am I going" - issue (like the old hdg bar). I hope it's just left out from the notes
That is also my opinion:
whereas it is really amazing that you listen so much to your community, I also think you should provide the sim how YOU, as dev team want it to be.
If you wanted to have mechanical tachometers, and researched and implemeted them properly, you should leave them untouched, just because some ppl complain is no reason to provide us with electrical ones if there were none present at that time.
Same as with the emergency gear air chamber:
just let it be how you researched and implemeted it, because that is the way how it behaves(or how it can be simulated in the most realistic way).
I mean why do you care if some folks are pissed because their gear failed..

give this gorgeous simulation that finish, that it deserves as a realistic ww2 air combat sim and successor to il2.
don't make it easy because some complain. not when you yourself researched and are confident that your work is "representational" of these old machines.

in fact, you should not listen to me now, too
but I mean you sure get the point.
(look at the colour saturation discussion. the majority wants it how YOU as devs made it. they just want it finished. if a tachometer bounces, because mechanical tachometers do bounce, it bounces. no need to change it )

kind regards,
tranq
Old 04-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Hi everyone,

What to look for:

AIRCRAFT

* Completely removed overload assessment from carburetters. Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)

* Replaced every tachometer in every British and Italian plane with an electrical type, since some people find needle movement on the mechanical type not what they expected.

[/url]

Sensing some well deserved sarcasm here. I hope the requests of the faint of heart don't take realism out of the sim because they don't like how things were back then>>??
Old 04-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Slightly faster than kegetys mod here, however I'm now getting a few graphical artifacts:

Nvidia 8800GTS 640Mb and 270.51 beta drivers, W7 X64.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

First link is 178mb the mega upload one 199mb ?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Really appreciate your efforts!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Bloody hell guys, what have you done??

Flying above cities is now 95% stutter free with a decent FPS of 30-50 even if I increase the amount of buildings and trees to medium!!!!

Fantastic job, now go ahead and buy yourselves a pint!

PS: What's the difference between textures= medium/original?