Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Scorpion View Post
For those that missed it or did not understand; anyone using the current mods to improve performance such as reduced textures or no ssao will receive a vac ban if taken online.

No that's not true, sorry if I was unclear. We won't ban you for SSAO, but we will ban you for FM / DM modifications, transparent textures, etc.

Last edited by nearmiss; 04-14-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Regarding textures: Did you get the email I sent last week? The one with the large attachment?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
No that's not true, sorry if I was unclear. We won't ban you for SSAO, but we will ban you for FM / DM modifications, transparent textures, etc.
Awesome good to hear that a hardline will be taken against cheaters, thanks for the update

The texture performance increase for 4 core CPUs, what kind of performance increase is it I.e. Fps, stuttering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

Hey luthier,
thanks for this information.
Can you tell us something if the radio will work sooner or later???
Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Regarding textures: Did you get the email I sent last week? The one with the large attachment?
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
The texture performance increase for 4 core CPUs, what kind of performance increase is it I.e. Fps, stuttering?
Stuttering. It's similar to the no-mipmap mod, except it's more efficient and does not affect visual quality.
Approved Member

We need FFB!
Thanks 4 the update

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Approved Member

Quote:
I realise you cannot give specifics, while I didn’t mean the no ssao mod specifically, there are mods that already change in game textures and remove mipmaps in an attempt to improve performance, surely these are going to trip the same code that checks for texture changes affecting the rendered image. Unless you are going to check each report with the mk1 eyeball surely there is a risk of a vac ban using this type of mod.

Some of steams Vac bans have been a little overzealous in the past, because of mods taken online, and while I have never suffered from it myself others have and steam are non too keen to revoke bans once they are in place.

Oh and to add to what others keep saying, we really need FFB, I for one will not play until its included and would rather play ROF which has ffb.

Last edited by Blue Scorpion; 04-14-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
thank you

and thanks for the heads up on the next patch
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Any word on Multi Threading would be appreciated.
As i suppose that is one immersive FPS brake.
Running an I7 920 on 2.67GHz leads to 28FPS max.
Overclocking it to 3.01GHz leads to 32max.
Overclocking to 3.4Ghz leads to 44max.
Running it on my max possible with that cooler at 3.84 leads to 59Fps.

Running the game on a C2D @ 4.8Ghz leads to 80Fps max.

As my HD5870VaporX (clocked 1200mhz) is running in idle mode while running CoD at 400mhz, i suppose the gpu power in general is not the bottleneck atm. for users.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

For the future future changes, please think at the FFF and a gamma setup available to the end user. Thanks.