Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

Thank you for the news.

Please, stick this. It will help to stop the panic. I'm going crazy.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Awesome news mate.

Just one question, have the DVD versions been affected by this epi filter? I mean I've been advised my order will be available tomorrow so I would have assumed the store would have had my copy sitting in the back room for about a week now.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update and your time Luthier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
Awesome news mate.

Just one question, have the DVD versions been affected by this epi filter? I mean I've been advised my order will be available tomorrow so I would have assumed the store would have had my copy sitting in the back room for about a week now.
The game will not allow you to play the version that's on the DVD even if you try. The installer will automatically grab and download the latest version as it exists on steam's servers, and install that right off the bat.

So, whenever it is you install the game, your version will be the same as everybody else's. You can choose to disable future updates if you like but not with the initial install.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Awesome - thanks Luthier, Oleg and team!

Can't wait until Cliffs reaches the quiet backwaters of retail Canada (May delivery from Amazon for the DVD it would seem) - no doubt by then there'll be several iterations of patch to download from Steam (I've been impressed with how this process works with other titles so no concerns there).

Cheers,

Spinner

Last edited by AWL_Spinner; 03-28-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
The game will not allow you to play the version that's on the DVD even if you try. The installer will automatically grab and download the latest version as it exists on steam's servers, and install that right off the bat.

So, whenever it is you install the game, your version will be the same as everybody else's. You can choose to disable future updates if you like but not with the initial install.
Sweet ... thanks for clearing that up Luthier
Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
kalimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Hello everyone,

Once again I want to point out that a lot of your earlier anger was misplaced. Actually, our colleagues at Ubisoft are extremely interested in making this game a success, they care about our opinion and yours, and everyone we work with there is understanding and cordial and more than willing to listen and change their mind.

Having said that, I'm glad to announce that the debacle has been resolved.

We will be making the filter optional, however turned on by default. And we will be adding a large epilepsy warning to our splash screen. I am almost certain that this update will hit the steam servers on March 30th and thus seamlessly make it onto everyone's machines when the game is installed on the 31st.

The March 30th update will also address some of the issues reported with the Russian version, but we'll provide more details with the patch notes once we know for sure what it'll contain. Obviously, we need to test the heck out of all the changes to make sure we don't introduce any new bugs while fixing the old ones (the team's favorite past time lately as it seems).

So there! Do a happy dance, I know I did.
Well, Luthier...A big kis...heu...hug...And I think that UBI deserves a big thanks from the sim community...I had enough on this UBI bashing...And they
did change the DRM process , and now, they revised their position on a major legal issue...I think that shows their good faith and their total support to COD...It is a VERY good news, for us, for you, the team and Oleg who certainely needs a break here... as well as you !!!!
So go ahead my friend ! Dance ! Because...WILL BE BACK WITH LOTS OF COMPLAINTS AND WHINNING !!!!!
Thank you sooooo much !

Salute !
Old 03-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the good news. Does this mean, if we disable the epilepsy filter, we will be seeing the game as it was originally designed, and not one that was tweaked to pass the epilepsy test without the filter?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Thanks for the good news. Does this mean, if we disable the epilepsy filter, we will be seeing the game as it was originally designed, and not one that was tweaked to pass the epilepsy test without the filter?
No, it means you'll have a seizure
Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimba View Post
they revised their position on a major legal issue
The epi filter is not a legal requirement, it's voluntary, the only legal requirement required is a warning label on the product. Whether that be on the box, on the manual or on screen it doesn't matter, it only has to be displayed. UBI have put in place a voluntary health and safety check that surpasses the legal requirement for games.