Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Default i dont get the moaning

hi everyone and thank you oleg for another sim that after a little ironing will be amazing.

now what i do not get is the moaning about performance issues and the epilepsy filter etc. i myself will buy the game on release and what i shall do till a smarter person fixes the epilepsy issue is to turn graphics settings that are extremly intensive down.

shadows= a huge perfotmance hit for me no matter the game and i dont mind playing without them so their going off.

shading= another thing i will turn down

trees= again i didnt mind il2 1946's way of doing them and i dont mind not having them so theyre going off or way down.

grass= come on how many of us are going to get that low or bother looking on take off lol if your that low id say your dead so its going off

now with these simple tweaks ingame i wonder the performance increase seeing as all the videos from the supposed realese copys have to me at least looked like people running the game at full graphics hell i can run crysis 1 on full graphics but do i? No because if i turn settings down i dont mind having down or off then i get a better perdforming game and we all should be thininkg about doing the same wiht cliffs of dover.

once again oleg and team thankyou for making another at the moment good soon to be great simulator and best of luck with the future.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Sternjaeger

YEAH! Let's show some support for Maddox Games you lot! Come on!!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Indeed.

Dont know how many of you have played Bohemia interactive sims from Operation flashpoint, (No, not the console version of it, but the old original) via ArmA and now ArmA 2.
It is a good Mil-Sim that also takes a lot of power. Now you can still make that look pretty good with settings turned down.

Anyway. Point being that there is a helluva lot that makes this COD look state of the art, but turning things down a bit will still make a decent flight. And in a dogfight on high adrenaline will not make you go "damn, that building down there 1000Feet below did not really look proper right, did it?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

+1 for people to stop moaning , this is a computer game not real life
Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstone08 View Post
hi everyone and thank you oleg for another sim that after a little ironing will be amazing.

now what i do not get is the moaning about performance issues and the epilepsy filter etc. i myself will buy the game on release and what i shall do till a smarter person fixes the epilepsy issue is to turn graphics settings that are extremly intensive down.

shadows= a huge perfotmance hit for me no matter the game and i dont mind playing without them so their going off.

shading= another thing i will turn down

trees= again i didnt mind il2 1946's way of doing them and i dont mind not having them so theyre going off or way down.

grass= come on how many of us are going to get that low or bother looking on take off lol if your that low id say your dead so its going off

now with these simple tweaks ingame i wonder the performance increase seeing as all the videos from the supposed realese copys have to me at least looked like people running the game at full graphics hell i can run crysis 1 on full graphics but do i? No because if i turn settings down i dont mind having down or off then i get a better perdforming game and we all should be thininkg about doing the same wiht cliffs of dover.

once again oleg and team thankyou for making another at the moment good soon to be great simulator and best of luck with the future.
+1
Old 03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

I tend to agree, at some point you have to release it, no manufacturer has ever made a first generation 'utopea' product of any description. I will wait untill its released and in depth feedback regards system specs and other issues are posted before ordering. I enjoy reading the threads even though they are a tad speculative and critical in some respects.

Some folks have waited a very long time and it's understandable that they have very high expectations given the history and development time. Looking forward to reading the reviews and watching the Vids next week. Meanwhile I am more than happy with IL1946............
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Go read Homefront and Crysis forums, all games have problems, Crysis 2 has major issues.

Infact even sims Medieval has a major bug.

I have pre-ordered and make my own mind up
Old 03-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

+1 from me!
I'm buying whatever happens waited 6 years for this release and there's nothing a little settings tweaking won't fix or i'll just throw money at my comp Kudo's to all the devs! and here's to another 10+ years of quality gaming.
Love!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

+1
Old 03-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

I'd like to see the footage thats causing all this moaning. I yet havent seen any real footage from the game to make any conclusions about it.

Anyhow, bad or not I'm going to try it on launch and if it's horrible I'll just shelf it for a patch or two and try again.
I have full faith in Oleg/Luthier and their team since theres nothing else out there to turn me away from this anyway!