Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Of course you will be able to run the game, don't worry at all.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

With those specs, I would be surprised if you can play Minecraft.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Approved Member

Very funny to see the difference in comments here. Why is it that he would not be able to play old OLD games with those specs??? Seriously?

That is decent specs from a stock bought (probably in a el shop somewhere) and he will be able to run the game in lower settings.

Yes, your graphics card is a bit on the slow side mate, but still, that is an upgrade you can do.

I am myself running all recent games fairly on my rig

Wich is C2D E8400 at 3.6Ghz (yes slightly overclocked) 4 GB ram and a decent XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 GPU

Works just fine on most games. Struggles a bit with high AA on DX11 games when I run them on 3x 22" screens at 5040x1050, but if we take an example of DCS Blackshark and the currently released DCS A-10C I run them just fin on medi to high settings.....

You will run this game fine on lower settings I am sure, but as with all new releases on a new engine you newer know until you try. So if you can afford the decent price on the game, give it a go. If not, then well..... Give it time. It is all up to you.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato_larsen View Post
Very funny to see the difference in comments here. Why is it that he would not be able to play old OLD games with those specs??? Seriously?

That is decent specs from a stock bought (probably in a el shop somewhere) and he will be able to run the game in lower settings.

Yes, your graphics card is a bit on the slow side mate, but still, that is an upgrade you can do.

I am myself running all recent games fairly on my rig

Wich is C2D E8400 at 3.6Ghz (yes slightly overclocked) 4 GB ram and a decent XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 GPU

Works just fine on most games. Struggles a bit with high AA on DX11 games when I run them on 3x 22" screens at 5040x1050, but if we take an example of DCS Blackshark and the currently released DCS A-10C I run them just fin on medi to high settings.....

You will run this game fine on lower settings I am sure, but as with all new releases on a new engine you newer know until you try. So if you can afford the decent price on the game, give it a go. If not, then well..... Give it time. It is all up to you.

Low settings? One russian user used a similar system and had everything set to max.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastat View Post
The news about the epilepsy filter that kills the fps of the game on any machine (according to this forum).

That debate is about SLI/CROSSFIRE not working due to the filter (april fools day anyone?) I dont think there where anything said anywhere that it would effect ALL systems.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Ok then, so what is the issue then??

To clearify what I should have said.. He will definately be able to play the game on lower settings. Did not mean LOWEST... Anyway.... ANother re.insurance to not having to cancle pre-order on that issue.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
That debate is about SLI/CROSSFIRE not working due to the filter (april fools day anyone?) I dont think there where anything said anywhere that it would effect ALL systems.
I think that the developer team themselves admitted that it is affecting the performance on all computers. The filter works in a way that it compares a frame to the next, and if there is too much difference in brightness it will lower the difference. Obiously this kind of processing will eat cpu, as well as they had to remove also some nice VFX they had done such as the strobe of the propeller spinning fast seen from the inside of the plane.

Last edited by Devastat; 03-25-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato_larsen View Post
What graphics card should I get? I want to buy something which has a good price/performance balance (meaning not the most expensive one, but a good one).
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
What graphics card should I get? I want to buy something which has a good price/performance balance (meaning not the most expensive one, but a good one).
I would not buy any new component yet, wait till the dust falls down in this antiepilepsy issue.

-m
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You know. I cannot tell you what to buy, but look at what I have myself. It is fairly cheap for what you get, and it is not the "newest" on anymore. It is a fair card that will let you play games for some time yet.
Depending on what you want to spend and what games you play most.

Simulators such as this one depends a lot also on the CPU for calculations, but the one you have should be ok enough for that, though it is not superbly powerful. Take a look at your local PC store, maybe talk to the people who work there and tell them what you have and what you would want, or look around the web to find a good price with a decent spec.....

nVidia vs ATI(AMD) is an old thing, if you have no preference, then pick the best for the best price. As I said, I am very happy with the card I have.

Be sure you have a powerful enough powersupply with enough cables to fit a newer card. But from what you already have in there, it should fit newer ones as well. Happy hunting.
Closed Thread