Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Default I am canceling my pre-order (from Steam)

Given the recent news, I highly suspect now that the game wont run playable on my computer, and I cannot stand jerky games. I will think about this till next Monday, but I think I will cancel my pre-order with Steam and see if these problems will be fixed in time. Maybe I will buy it later when these issues have been fixed and/or after reading some positive reviews of the game.

Before canceling the game, if someone could comment on the possible playability of CoD with the specs I have in my computer?

Gigabyte motherboard (cannot remember which)
12GB Ram
Win-7 64bit
Intel Core i7 Quad 920 2.66GHz processor
Asus Ati Radeon 5850 1GB DX 11 graphics card

Last edited by Devastat; 03-25-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastat View Post
Given the recent news, I highly suspect now that the game wont run playable on my computer, and I cannot stand jerky games. I will think about this till next Monday, but I think I will cancel my pre-order with Steam and see if these problems will be fixed in time whether or not to buy the game later, and after reading some reviews.

Just if someone can comment on the playability this is the specs of my computer:

12GB Ram
Win-7 64bit
you wil be fine mate....btw u can push this 920 to 3.3 GhZ on stock voltage.....ofcourse I would recomend GPU upgrade soon....CPU is just fine.....maybe GTX560 or 5970 if your with ATI/AMD...no worries
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

To be honest mate, with that spec of machine I doubt if you would even have enough power to click on the desktop icon.

I would forget all about it boss, how about Boxworld?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:47 AM
machoo

Quote:
Given the recent news
What news?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
you wil be fine mate....btw u can push this 920 to 3.3 GhZ on stock voltage.....ofcourse I would recomend GPU upgrade soon....
Thanks for your reply. I don't really know much about computers so... Do you mean by GPU, graphics card?

one more question, how can I push the 920 to 3.3 GhZ, is it a software that came with Gigabyte motherboard or something else?

Thanks alot, I guess I won't cancel the preorder then.

Last edited by Devastat; 03-25-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
What news?
The news about the epilepsy filter that kills the fps of the game on any machine (according to this forum).
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Well, if you couldn't run this game properly then I don't know what would I do with it with my spec (and perhaps many other too) ... But I'll still give it a go.

Quote:
Given the recent news, I highly suspect now that the game wont run playable on my computer, and I cannot stand jerky games. I will think about this till next Monday, but I think I will cancel my pre-order with Steam and see if these problems will be fixed in time. Maybe I will buy it later when these issues have been fixed and/or after reading some positive reviews of the game.

Before canceling the game, if someone could comment on the possible playability of CoD with the specs I have in my computer?

12GB Ram
Win-7 64bit
Old 03-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I don't really know much about computers so... Do you mean by GPU, graphics card?

one more question, how can I push the 920 to 3.3 GhZ, is it a software that came with Gigabyte motherboard or something else?

Thanks alot, I guess I won't cancel the preorder then.
I also have 920 and when I first tried to overclock it i got up to 3.4ghz with stock cooler and no problems. Then I got hungry for 4ghz mark and bought aftermarket cooler (Noctua NH-D14) and run it 4.1ghz on daily bases and all that with 75eur aircooler. You overclock it from bios. Just google I7 920 overclocking tutorials and how to`s. Mine went to 3.99ghz with stock voltages so I just had to make few changes to bios settings to get it up to 4.1ghz.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I also have 920 and when I first tried to overclock it i got up to 3.4ghz with stock cooler and no problems.
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try to overclock my 920 if CoD seems jerky. I am a bit overparanoid about these things (as I don't know much) and scared of frying my processor or something, and so far I haven't had the need to overclock as all the games runs smooth on 100% settings, but let's see how CoD runs
Old 03-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

If you can't run it on your computer, then half the people on here won't be able to run it.

Yours looks fine.

I remember years ago playing a game on a 450mhz (Not ghz) pc and loving the game and the graphics, I read an article saying that a 1ghz machine would be out soon, I asked my mates, why the hell would anybody need a 1ghz machine. Now I have a quad core 3ghz machine.

Your CPU is fine.
Closed Thread