Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Default To buy DCS A-10 in instead?

(whining mode on) Getting pretty fed up of the lack of info, contrasting info and the total randomness/lack of the marketing campaign at this supposed late date. Come on Oleg we are hanging on your every word here and almost nothing on the status of this awesome project is forthcoming from you!

Anyway, in a fit of pique I have bitten the bullet and ordered a TrackIR5 and an X-52 Pro to see me into DCS A-10. I really don't think CoD is coming out soon (summer?) and I need to get a buzz from something in the meantime. Oleg you are short finals to losing a very loyal customer. (whining mode off)

I'll buy it the second it comes out anyway
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Is DCS A-10 another steam game? I might look into it as long as it's not on steam.....
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Global Moderator

The problem, if it is a problem for you, with the A10 will be all the state of the art avionics, weapons systems, countermeasures, etc.

WW2 you mostly fly and fight, that to me is where the fun is.

I don't want to work through lengthy start up procedures,etc.

If I thought one day I might actually fly an A10 learning all about it would probably be alot more interest. Alas, I know that will never be the case.

I will settle for the entertainment value of WW2 air combat, and accept the complications associated with my work as necessary.

Also, you might want to look into the BOB II WOV is Battle of Britain and it's $20 USD direct download.

It has a dynamic campaign and the best AI performance. An old sim, but still a great value in a WW2 air combat sim game.

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-14-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

A10 is incredibly detailed, STEEP learning curve (as it should be) but its more about the technical aspects of getting the target. Not so much about dogfighting? I guess it depends what mood your in but if your a flight sim fan, you really ought to own both! Support the genre..
Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

No, DCS-A10C does not use Steam.

Just a quick note to all who are intimidated by the detailed simulation of the A-10 systems. DCS A-10C offers a "game" mode, where everything is very much simplified, so you can play it as "fly and fight light sim" ala Strike Fighters 2.

There is a very good review up at simhq: http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_462a.html
Old 03-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone_106 View Post
A10 is incredibly detailed, STEEP learning curve (as it should be) but its more about the technical aspects of getting the target. Not so much about dogfighting? I guess it depends what mood your in but if your a flight sim fan, you really ought to own both! Support the genre..

Wrong plane for dogfighting, more for the mudmovers.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Yeah already have BoB II - must dust that off, but I found it a very frustrating experience. It is amazing what the community have done to it but I come away feeling very frustrated each time. Maybe the trackir will help.

Not really daunted by the avionics of A-10; I have DCS-BS and quite enjoyed figuring out the somewhat wacky avionics and hmi, I assume it is a fair bit easier to grasp in the A-10 with it's western design. Think I'd quite enjoy just flying circuits in it and leave the blowing up stuff to the eventual arrival of CoD.

Just p***Ed off really, flown IL2 since 2001 (sp mainly) and never looked back, followed the ups and downs of this project since it was announced and even booked a day off work on the 25th. Just wish they would tell us wtf is going on one way or another so we can replan.

Gah. I'm starting to sound like Tree
Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko View Post
Just p***Ed off really, flown IL2 since 2001 (sp mainly) and never looked back, followed the ups and downs of this project since it was announced and even booked a day off work on the 25th. Just wish they would tell us wtf is going on one way or another so we can replan.

Gah. I'm starting to sound like Tree
Yes! you are... LOL

It won't be long now, divert yourself abit. You'll be doing the COD in no time.

I don't think you are anymore anxious than most members on this forums.

It's like an 8 year old waiting for the Santa Claus, huh?

Your passions enjoy good company here for sure.

The updates from Oleg are good, but it appears that most of us are dulled from seeing the stuff we don't have. LOL

Last edited by nearmiss; 03-14-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

How bout just waiting till release day and see what happens! A-10 is cool as $hit! Detailed Too. But for all the steam whinners, I think A-10 will be on steam soon. Black Shark did the same thing.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko View Post
Yeah already have BoB II - must dust that off, but I found it a very frustrating experience. It is amazing what the community have done to it but I come away feeling very frustrated each time. Maybe the trackir will help.
I think you will find Track ir will give you much better sense of being there.
Dust it off [BoB11 ] and give it a go.
Ask on the shockwave /a2a forums if you need any help.
Don't forget to tick the box in the menu allowing the use of Track ir.The 6 dof is very good.