Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
Existing IL2 Feature, Existing through 3rd parties.
Ptja yeh, and so did map editors for duke nukem 3d, good thing we didn't stop evolution there.

Quote:
I'll believe it when I play it.
We already know its true, when did you see a trailer featuring every single aspect of a game and have it explained in detail?, With your skepticism you won't get far in the world, requiring ridiculous evidence while you don't trust anyone.

Quote:
A feature that will never be used by 99% of the playerbase if for no other reason than the bandwidth required to support 128 players simultaneously.
Wait you said what? hurr hurr, there goes your credibility.

Quote:
Several? That must be worth 50 bucks. Not really.
Pardon me for not having the exact number my majesty.

Quote:
A degree of accuracy that will not matter to a super-majority of the playerbase while they are playing the game, especially those flying open cockpit with deduced reality settings. Good for wow factor, good for machinima, mostly irrelevant to gameplay.
This is laughable, hard to Imagen you're even a flight sim enthusiast. It's a flight simulator not a frag simulator, you've plenty of games that should suit your needs, WOP should fit you perfectly with all its lack of depth and realism. No focus spent there on insane damage details and aerodynamics, or dedicated servers.. go fetch boy.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
If it was only the stick you need...

Stick: $100+
Pedals: ~$100
GPU:~$300
TIR:~$150

Maybe CPU too.

lol

Play Sims3 or something like that.
So is this a pathetic attempt to insult me because I dont want to buy some pedals or some other peripheralthat I dont need? I simply enjoy the experience with a Logitech joystick and I dont want all the other "hardcore sim" attachments. I play other games too so its not like I am going to spend over a $100 just to play IL 2.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
If it was only the stick you need...

Stick: $100+
Pedals: ~$100
GPU:~$300
TIR:~$150

Maybe CPU too.

lol

Play Sims3 or something like that.
So is this a pathetic attempt to insult me because I dont want to buy some pedals or some other peripheral that I dont need? I simply enjoy the experience with a Logitech joystick and I dont want all the other "hardcore sim" attachments. I play other games too so its not like I am going to spend over a $100 just to play IL 2.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

To get back to the original point, I agree that there isn't much info given in an easily digestible format, although that is hardly different from any other game website. I'd still claim that short of a demo, we have more specific info seen here than with most other upcoming releases. Anyone know the latest status of DirectX11 in Crysis2?

Anyway I think it's no drama to wait a week longer after release when you're in doubt; should get you all the info you're looking for from people who bought it, which is far more reliable than what gets posted in official websites.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Oleg and his team want perfection plus they're fans of aviation and ww2, i mean come on this is a simulator more than it is your regular pew pew game.
Many folks will appreciate when things are modeled as accurate as possible, including Oleg and his own team.. they do what they love.

A lot of those things you listed are coming our way as well my friend, improved GUI, Serverbrowsers, netcode, tools, support etc
but im grateful that we also get improved damage models , aerodynamics and so on, anything that can make it more realistic is welcome.

Last edited by zauii; 03-12-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKY View Post
So is this a pathetic attempt to insult me because I dont want to buy some pedals or some other peripheralthat I dont need? I simply enjoy the experience with a Logitech joystick and I dont want all the other "hardcore sim" attachments. I play other games too so its not like I am going to spend over a $100 just to play IL 2.
I apologise for my original post Tacky, you caught me in a weak moment after reading all the negative threads and I took your "tone" the wrong way, my bad.

Your above post explains some of the differences with players of this sim, unlike consoles where everyone is playing on an even platform the nature of pc's vary greatly.

I personally have spent well over $2000 (probarly much more) on various Hotas, trackir's, headphones and pc upgrades over the last 8 years just to enjoy this game. I fully understand that not everyone enjoys "full switch" and a lot of players just like to fly in the action servers, and therein lies our differences of opinion in what is important in the game and what isn't.

If COD does attract a lot of new players from word of mouth/steam or whatever, the majority of those players will fly in the easier dogfight servers with maybe 5% taking it to the next level.
And those of us who have played the game primarliy as a WW2 flight "simulator" must realise that if the game does go forward we will become the minority.

As i said earlier each to thier own, lets just all enjoy it when it is released no matter what our preferred style of play.

Cheers
Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Approved Member

I think we should give the conspiracy theorists full rein here. Are Tree, Tanner and TacKY the same person? Are they acting in cahoots?

Is there in fact a conspiracy to throw in negative inflammatory posts or is it all a misunderstanding and really those that question the abilities/features of a not-yet-released game are just misunderstood?

Discuss.

Hood
Old 03-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
I think we should give the conspiracy theorists full rein here. Are Tree, Tanner and TacKY the same person? Are they acting in cahoots?

Is there in fact a conspiracy to throw in negative inflammatory posts or is it all a misunderstanding and really those that question the abilities/features of a not-yet-released game are just misunderstood?

Discuss.

Hood
Maybe if you would read the ******* thread instead of just talking you would know something about whats going. Unlike the people that want to the buy game based on promises, I want to know the full list of things that will be on the game. Oleg has a good track record but that doesnt mean that he wont have a game that flops and is bad. I am simply wanting an official feature list on the game's website or some other place so that it can be readily available to new people who want to get the game too. It doesnt matter that you are going to buy it based on Oleg's promises because the majority of people that he probably wants to buy the game are the people that have never heard of IL 2 or been on these forums.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Hecke

Quote:
... the majority of people that he probably wants to buy the game are the people that have never heard of IL 2 or been on these forums.
+ 1
Old 03-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Maybe if you would read the ******* thread instead of just talking you would know something about whats going. Unlike the people that want to the buy game based on promises, I want to know the full list of things that will be on the game. Oleg has a good track record but that doesnt mean that he wont have a game that flops and is bad. I am simply wanting an official feature list on the game's website or some other place so that it can be readily available to new people who want to get the game too. It doesnt matter that you are going to buy it based on Oleg's promises because the majority of people that he probably wants to buy the game are the people that have never heard of IL 2 or been on these forums.
I'm sure you want your little full feature list but have you been living under a rock for the last 5 years? Keep dreaming that you'll get a full list of >all< the features in a game.(pre-release)
Besides im sure not even Oleg would wanna spoil everything to his community. The majority around here knows what to expect from his products anyway.

Buying it based on his track record is good enough for a lot of people, including me, we know it isn't some rushed console port with a lack of passion,
if that was the case yeh then i would agree with you.. but on this product its laughable, some treat it like its another rehashed COD(Call of Duty) installment.

Last edited by zauii; 03-13-2011 at 11:51 AM.