Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

Default Look at all the features

Wait, what features?

What are the features in this game because they sure as hell arent releasing a list of features to us. While many of you "gamers" want to blindly purchase a game based on credentials, I, on the other hand, like to know what I will be getting in my games. Minute long videos of peaceful strolls in a WWII FLIGHT SIM isnt showing me features or telling what will be in the game.

Is there dynamic fire?
How is the damage system in game or if a bullet hits the plane will it leave marks on what it hits and not a preset texture?

The list goes on.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

# Mission Builder , Modding Support
# Campaign featuring both sides (not dynamic)
# 128 Players , dedicated servers (lasting hours, days and weeks etc)
# Several flyables with insane attention to detail (interior)
# Damage modeling up to 4(~) times more detailed than IL2
# Improved Aerodynamics, graphics, sounds, interface
# Completely rebuilt engine from scratch

Look the list could go on forever, this is your 50$~ investment on a product that's been in development for about 6+ years , from a well known developer thats been producing a ton of content and updates for their previous games. It's not their task to promote the simulation, sure UBI/1C ain't doing the best job but don't blame Oleg, these Devupdates are rare and something you'd not see on 99% of the other developer(s) forums. If you've any hopes on getting your next-gen ww2 flight fix within a decade then Oleg is your only hope.

Btw, how much did you spend on sticks, throttles, computer equipment but to have a little faith in a simulation product just seems a bit too much doesn't it?

Last edited by zauii; 03-12-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

tack·y (tăk'ē)
adj. Informal, -i·er, -i·est.

1.Neglected and in a state of disrepair: a tacky old cabin in the woods.

2. a.Lacking style or good taste; tawdry:

b.Distasteful or offensive; tasteless:
Old 03-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauii View Post
# Mission Builder , Modding Support
# Campaign featuring both sides (not dynamic)
# 128 Players , dedicated servers (lasting hours, days and weeks etc)
# Several flyables with insane attention to detail (interior)
# Damage modeling up to 4(~) times more detailed than IL2
# Improved Aerodynamics, graphics, sounds, interface
# Completely rebuilt engine from scratch

Look the list could go on forever, this is your 50$~ investment on a product that's been in development for about 6+ years , from a well known developer thats been producing a ton of content and updates for their previous games. It's not their task to promote the simulation, sure UBI/1C ain't doing the best job but don't blame Oleg, these Devupdates are rare and something you'd not see on 99% of the other developer(s) forums. If you've any hopes on getting your next-gen ww2 flight fix within a decade then Oleg is your only hope.

Btw, how much did you spend on sticks, throttles, computer equipment but to have a little faith in a simulation product just seems a bit too much doesn't it?

I only bought a joystick that is around $20 and to sauf, lrn2troll because blindly buying makes you an

id·i·ot (d-t)
n.
1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKY View Post
I only bought a joystick that is around $20 and to sauf, lrn2troll because blindly buying makes you an

id·i·ot (d-t)
n.
1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
Look, it's the only state of the art WW2 fighter sim out there:
Take it or leave it.
Btw: With $20 stick you're handicapping yourself, enjoy.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Approved Member

well you should be thanking us "idiots", otherwise you "enlightened people" wouldn't never know what features the released version does have
Old 03-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauf View Post
well you should be thanking us "idiots", otherwise you "enlightened people" wouldn't never know what features the released version does have
Seeing as how the dev rarely tell us anything, I doubt most of your exaggerated claims are actually factual or they are out of date. Have fun playing the exciting WWII English Channel Flying Sim on day one while a lot of people, who used to be excited about the game, even ponder laying down the money and I wont buy some overpriced stick to play one game.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

The features are too many to list:
- I know that the damage model is about four times more detailed (with many more internal components - such as struts - but based on the same basic concept), that structural failures are modelled and airframe wear.
- I know a half dozen features of the AI (much of it ground-breaking, if it works).
- I've seen the terrain editor in use.
- I've seen screenshots of the seagull.
- etc.

Many times the amount of information is available to those who have been paying attention. Those who haven't - will be pleasantly surprised.

In any case, Oleg Maddox has always spent a lot more time engaging with the public than most devs (and almost any if we use a broader sample than the flight sim community). I, for example, have talked to him on ~20 occasions (about twice per year)... and seen features I requested implemented.

Go away troll! Shoo!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Approved Member

Come to think of it though - I am looking forward to a more complete features list (I hope we'll see it pre-release) which can be used on occasions like this.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

I downloaded the IL-2 demo when it first came out. Way beyond anything that was out there at the time. Never really got into it untill Pacific Fighters was released because the computer I had at the time could not do justice to the game.

It wasn't until a few years later that I had a machine that could run Il-2 at full settings.

I guess that thats going to be similar with COD. It'll be a few years before any computer will be able to run it at full quality settings.

Now just looking at COD as an addition to the IL-2 series, as long as it as good as Il2, I'll be getting this sim and it will be value for money. The Battle of Britain was one area that was left out of the Il2 series up till now (not talking about mods here). All of Olegs sims and expansions have been good value so far. I doubt COD will be any different.

Before being too negative, maybe people should place the competing simulations under the same level of scrutiny as well.

Cheers