Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

I like them. Bit of humour to puncture some of the seriousness. Having said that, I wouldn't want to see every thread get them!

...and, no , I didn't post them

Last edited by kendo65; 03-11-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Global Moderator

The purpose of tagging is to make your postings more search friendly.

Since most of the postings aren't worth much anyway I'd say it doesn't make much difference about tagging.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

I like 'em too. As others have said, it adds a bit of humor to it. Juvenile behaviour? LOL

Acting on a computer game forum as if it was all srs bsns is juvenile IMHO. Besides, games are meant to be fun so why not try to be a bit lighthearted about it? Kids these days..sheesh.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post

Since most of the postings aren't worth much anyway I'd say it doesn't make much difference about tagging.

Ahh I see. So in the post titled "Why in the world would I order from Ubisoft?", where just about every single poster states they'd rather order from Steam due to the monumental way in which Ubi has screwed distribution of this game ....... the admin decided that the tag line which best described the mood or content of the thread was .....

"Ubi Rawks"

This is the way moderation works on these forums, is it? Just asking, because most of the flightsim forums I've been on have had actual adult moderators who actually knew their responsibilities.

This is a new experience for me.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
Ahh I see. So in the post titled "Why in the world would I order from Ubisoft?", where just about every single poster states they'd rather order from Steam due to the monumental way in which Ubi has screwed distribution of this game ....... the admin decided that the tag line which best described the mood or content of the thread was .....

"Ubi Rawks"

This is the way moderation works on these forums, is it? Just asking, because most of the flightsim forums I've been on have had actual adult moderators who actually knew their responsibilities.

This is a new experience for me.
The mods didn't add them.. users did
Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
The mods didn't add them.. users did
Bingo

Now where's mah dummy
Old 03-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Yea, tbh they are irritating me. Same forum though that I get a warning for saying someone is being an idiot, while in another thread someone says people who are critical of the game are "bitching/whinners". Of course admins selectivly enforce forum policy.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Always great to see people do their job with passion; even more so when it's voluntary...
Old 03-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Except when you get a Friday Update with the tag of OPIUM FOR THE PEOPLE. Seems sort of disrespectful to the members and buyers of the game. Are you saying OLEG changed and added that tag to his post?

In a climate where we're all over each other for the slightest difference of opinion, I think this is in poor form, and should be stopped if it's admin.

Sorry, I just came on today to catch up on the Fri-Update and saw that. Yeah, that one got to me. I usually laugh off or shrug my shoulders at most of what goes on, but that one seems pointed and unnecessary. I don't think Oleg would add a tag like that, and since I can't add tags to another forum member's post, then it seems it's admin/moderators that are doing it. Poor form and way to add to the alienation.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Approved Member

Never tried Opium before. Now I wanna.