Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Steam poll
Yes I have and like using Steam 256 54.47%
Yes I have and dont like using Steam 67 14.26%
No I do not have Steam but will for CoD 52 11.06%
No I do not have Steam and will not for CoD 95 20.21%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

That's a pity El Aurens, as I had thought you were looking forward to CoD. Il-2 will still be a fine game for many years to come, though.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

You know you can make installable DVD backups of any steam game and you don't need to be connected to the net to play, only to activate the game.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

just to make it clear again, this topic is because of this, not totaly clear , blog entry:
"We received many questions about the Digital Rights Management solution used in IL2 : COD. we understand it is an important subject for many of you, and we are a glad to tell you that IL2 Sturmovik: Cliff of Dover will use the SolidShield DRM solution. SolidShield features a flexible activation process and allows for up to 3 simultaneous game installs.

Please note that the game will also use the Steam platform for services such as matchmaking, anti-cheat etc… So you will need a Steam account to play the game."

http://il-2-sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs...log/uk/?p=1162
Old 03-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Approved Member

If Steam would sell CoD that's great, with all the benefits for users and developer. It would please all who like Steam's environment. However, why do we need Steam in order to play while we have a splendid protection system from the sounds of it? Isn't that enough?

Options are always nice, I hope it just means: You need a steam account if you buy it through Steam ( logical) , as I do not see the direct need for it. Why hassle the community up with yet another requirement?

Last edited by Sven; 03-07-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novotny View Post
That's a pity El Aurens, as I had thought you were looking forward to CoD. Il-2 will still be a fine game for many years to come, though.
Are you saying I have to use Steam to play the game?

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

@JG53Frankyboy

I think you need to be specific about why you're against Steam. Copying a section of text is fine but you need to specify what your main concern is about that section of text.

@Anyone
With Steam you need to set up an account in order to play games, otherwise you can only access the Steam web store. If you buy a game that requires Steam, as stated for CoD, then you need to set up an account.

If you're dead against Steam then I feel sorry for you because you wont be able to play CoD.

Last edited by Codex; 03-07-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Replys coming in thick and fast
Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

That would seem to be what they're saying. There could be confusion, but the FAQ does say it is required.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

the question is:
if you need STEAM only to play ONLINE or to use it in total..

as i said, the blog is not clear in that, at least not for me as a no native english speaker. more clarification from official side would be very nice. and this blog from 7.march is the first mention of STEAM in the CoD development ever!

Last edited by JG53Frankyboy; 03-07-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

No offence to anyone but I would have thought that last line in the text spells it out pretty clear: "So you will need a Steam account to play the game."
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novotny View Post
That would seem to be what they're saying. There could be confusion, but the FAQ does say it is required.
If this is true I am canceling all three of my current orders and walking away from the sim.

I had nothing but trouble with Steam when I was playing RO. And it was even harder to ferret all of it out to get it off my machine when I quit playing RO.

This really has ruined my day.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov