Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Tree_UK

Oleg you really need to tell UBI to take this from the website as well.

Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Gotta Be like Mr Mitchell.
And you are...
Old 03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up top post Dano

Top post Dano, couldn't have put it better myself, my exact thoughts entirely
Old 03-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Sternjaeger

guys let's be sensible.. these guys have been working their asses off, they have contracts to honour and money to bank, do you really expect they're gonna discuss about these things over a public forum?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
guys let's be sensible.. these guys have been working their asses off, they have contracts to honour and money to bank, do you really expect they're gonna discuss about these things over a public forum?
well I think promoting, advertising, and getting correct info to the crowd is of big importance if we want the IL2 series to continue in the future. I think it is as important as the issues you just said.

Last edited by Sven; 03-07-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
Don't even bother trying to calm these big headed fools.

Your turning into a bunch of big girls blouse every passing second, just wtf did u think Oleg and co are going to write on these threads ffs bunch on pompous morons....
Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Approved Member

It's all been said before... Instead of bickering here on a thread, why don't you guys make some sort of a "Letter of Dissatisfaction" and send it straight to the Ubisoft marketing department. If everyone here signs it, surely we would at least get a decent response with an explanation. I wholeheartedly agree with you Dano, but this is getting us nowhere. It's a major issue that requires more serious actions. If you can write something good up, I will gladly sign it.
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 03-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappatime View Post
Top post Dano, couldn't have put it better myself, my exact thoughts entirely
Speaking for us in Western Canada. I can say that I've only seen the title; 'IL2 1946', on the shelves a half dozen times, since it has come out. This was during it's initial rollout. It is a shame, because I know there are a lot of people in my country who fly Aviation Simulations. Our city size Edmonton, is 1 Milion+, It's Cold -20 -30 in the winter, so there's few things better on a cold day or evening than grabbing a toddy, hiberrnating, and going flying with ones squad mates

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that, The distribution has to be geared to demographics. People with time on their hands.. Fly! I'm one of them. I hope our long Cold playing season will be attractive to your sales desires.

{Includes obligatory pitch for the Collectors edition}

The secondary point I would like to make to Mr. Maddox and his advisors is that, to my knowledge, outside of a couple of UK imported av sim magazines doing reviews, there has not been any advertising of IL2 or 1C in the Canadian western retail stores, or magazines. EA games and Walmart were the only two places I waas able to find the DVD, through the whole period in the distribution of the previous IL2 series..., and I had to Dig!" It was never on the shelf.. but it was never in the Bargain bin either! As Usual... If they don't know about it , How can it sell? Why bother ordering...~

I believe there should be a greater investment in advertising . I wish you great success.

Respectfully
334th_Gazoo

~S~ 334th_Gazoo

Last edited by 334th_Gazoo; 03-07-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Brevity
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Maybe UBI don't know as they haven't been given all the info from Oleg etc.
Having said that i am certain they can make some sort of advertising campaign up from what they have .Maybe they won't bother ,it is a niche market,small money compared to the other type of sims around.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

I originally thought a couple of years ago that 1C would be doing the world wide publishing of this sim, and I was pounced on by mods in this forum for saying so. But I stand by my comment - 1C should have handled the distribution of CoD (or BoB as was known at the time).