Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I'm not bothered to care anymore. It's a miracle if this game will be on store shelves this month. Also I saw the release date at bootstep now is 30/3, http://www.boostep.fi/product_info.p...ucts_id=375890. LOL! This is turning into a major farce. I feel sooo sorry for Oleg and the team, I really do.
yes it does seem like UBI is not keeping Maddox Games informed on what is really going on. like Oleg said he still expects a mar 25 release but everything else points to something later than that.

It seems like UBI will release it whenever it feels like it instead of when Oleg would like to release it.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

You would think it would be listed in steams coming soon section, but there is nothing. I agree that this is a disgrace of a launch which the title really did not need.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
You would think it would be listed in steams coming soon section, but there is nothing. I agree that this is a disgrace of a launch which the title really did not need.
Ha ha, yep I just posted this same thing in another thread... there's absolutely nothing posted on Steam about CoD, yet here we are a mere "2 weeks" from release

Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
Ha ha, yep I just posted this same thing in another thread... there's absolutely nothing posted on Steam about CoD, yet here we are a mere "2 weeks" from release

Old 03-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
I'm sorry but they are doing nothing to help sell your sim, in fact I'd go as far to say that they are actively damaging your sales with their complete incompetence regarding information and release.

You have a contract with them one would assume and we all know contracts work both ways so please, get on the phone and tell UBI to get a grib and sort it out.

We are two and a half weeks from release and we are still getting conflicting information in all areas and it looks ridiculous.

DRM, first it was TAGES, then it was Solidshield, now with added Steam. Which is it?

How about some positive information on release? Colectors editions in countries other than the UK? Normal boxed copies? Steam release schedules? Availability of boxed copies from sources other than UBI?

If the March 25th release is genuine as we have been told then why on earth is this information not forthcoming from UBI? Are they your publisher in the west or not?

If I was about to launch the results of a 5 or 6 year project that I wanted to be a success I'd be utterly livid with UBI's lacklustre and frankly pathetic handling of the situation.

Somebody over at UBI needs a damn good kick up the backside or are they just regurgitaing what they've been told and it's all down to your department? Something I find difficult to believe given your confirmed worldwide release in 18 days.
+ 1 dam good post Dano
Old 03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Oleg should just start doing his own PR. Start releasing tons of videos and doing as many interviews with as many game sites as possible.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

Ubi is indeed doing a terrible job, once again when it comes to simulators. They can handle all other stuff pretty well, like their arcade games, but are they are just dropping on simulators? I know for sure that I will buy it, that's not the problem, but we need all those new people to ensure the future of this sim! C'mon UBI make us look like fools and do your work in 18 days!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

I am sorry, but not surprised, by how UBI is handling this.
Hopefully, someone at 1C will be able to get some really good press out there, either through Youtube, gaming sites or several other ways.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

I agree that it would have been nice to have a more world wide delivery of the Collectors Edition. I will be getting one from England and maybe also buying the download version if I can get it atleast a week before the CE arrives.

I don't know that its entirely UBI's fault or anyone fault for that matter. UBI did probably pressure Maddox Games to release IL-2 COD before it was ready and Maddox games is still scrambling even it seems up to today to get the final out the door. It has to be sent out by probably today for UBI and IC to make an end of March release date.

Its very hard to start a full advertising campaign on a product that's in influx and your not sure which features will make the initial release. Maddox games was supposed to have completed the Simhq interview a month or so ago, but have obviously been to busy to do so.

Surely its not completely necessary for us to have all the information weeks before we buy a product. I think I can make a decision on whether a product like this is worth buying in the first few hours of viewing the completed specs, videos etc. If I'm still not sure I will wait for user comments, but you have to take both with a grain of salt.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
I agree that it would have been nice to have a more world wide delivery of the Collectors Edition. I will be getting one from England and maybe also buying the download version if I can get it atleast a week before the CE arrives.

I don't know that its entirely UBI's fault or anyone fault for that matter. UBI did probably pressure Maddox Games to release IL-2 COD before it was ready and Maddox games is still scrambling even it seems up to today to get the final out the door. It has to be sent out by probably today for UBI and IC to make an end of March release date.

Its very hard to start a full advertising campaign on a product that's in influx and your not sure which features will make the initial release. Maddox games was supposed to have completed the Simhq interview a month or so ago, but have obviously been to busy to do so.

Surely its not completely necessary for us to have all the information weeks before we buy a product. I think I can make a decision on whether a product like this is worth buying in the first few hours of viewing the completed specs, videos etc. If I'm still not sure I will wait for user comments, but you have to take both with a grain of salt.
+1