Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Old_Canuck

Oleg and Ilya that was an awesome interview. I have read many of your interviews over the years but in this one you hit the ball out of the park. That story about the pilot who's future wife was sitting behind him while he shot down a bandit made chills go down my spine. Can you imagine what that would have been like for both of them? Thank you very much for sharing that story and I can't wait to play the CoD version of the fighter pilot's romance.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Personally

I went past the part of the interview as there was a spoiler warning so I have no idea (well some now its been posted here) what to expect.

I look forward to the idea of a couple of interesting story lines in CoD and hope there's a opening for us mission builders to also do this as adding small missions sets with a story (not off line campaigns) and share with the community it was always fun to do.

Mod Hat On

I have deleted some posts in this thread, lets keep it positive please.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 02-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Great interview, intrigued by the radar comments including the enigmatic "There is even some attempt to simulate antenna pattern." Anyone any ideas what that might mean?
And I quite look forward to going into action with a dame on my lap. They don't have that in Flaming Cliffs. Here, another flight sim with the word Cliffs in the title, is this some kind of conspiracy?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Approved Member

Too bad that these days any disagreement has to end in drama on this forum...

Anyway consider these points:

- a story and event-driven campaign is a great showcase for the capabilities of the mission builder and scripting/trigger functionalities (also important during development)
- such campaigns will be popular with the general audience beyond the flight sim enthusiasts, which have to buy the game as well to make it a financial success. This will also be reflected in reviews which usually point out that flight sims are "too boring" for normal players. Provided it's well done of course.
- if it's not your cup of tea, just use them as training opportunities to get accustomed to the planes - or stick to the QMB if you're too disgusted. By the time you've set up everything and feel comfortable with the planes, HOTAS and engine management you can bet that some more serious campaign are already available for download.

No reason to panic. But maybe I'm just too relaxed for the current state of this forum...
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have deleted some posts in this thread, lets keep it positive please.
So in the name of not being sufficiently 'positive', you deleted the entirely of several of my posts? How pleasant to know that anyone not being 'positive' is no longer allowed to comment, what a nicely nuanced appreciation of people's concerns. What I said was:

It was not immature; it was a discussion based on the opportunity cost of the development of a particular product by a small team. Please see all the other posts full of 'ZOMG' and 'LOL' prior to opining that my reasoned argument about relative value was immature. For goodness, sake I said I'LL BUY IT, I am also entitled to question why a love interests is considered an import part of a fight sim, or am I the only one here that thinks this a tad odd?

That is a relevant and reasonable position.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Looks like the renegade thing is confirmed.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
I have selectively deleted some posts in this thread, lets keep it positive please.
Fixed.

Last edited by Dano; 02-08-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Starting to see Tree's point about moderation...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Interesting interview! I can´t wait to see the stall fighters hanging in the air without any manoeuvrability left
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

I am very disappointed that there will be no dynamic campaign. I really don't understand Oleg's decision. The Battle of Britain would be a perfect scenario for a dynamic campaign and even an old game like Lucasfilm Games "Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain" (1989) had one.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri_JS View Post
I am very disappointed that there will be no dynamic campaign. I really don't understand Oleg's decision. The Battle of Britain would be a perfect scenario for a dynamic campaign and even an old game like Lucasfilm Games "Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain" (1989) had one.
I think I read that Oleg said it was taking too long but we will get dynamic campaigns later on. So why panic?