Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwede View Post
I agree on the preferred sequel.
I really hope so, that would be a very pleasant surprise if it would become true
Old 02-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

The paragraph entitiled PCG: I hear there’s romance and renegade pilots in the campaign. Care to go into details?

Seriously, WTF? This was nominally marketed as a flight sim, why has Pearl Harbor suddenly reared its ugly head? Surely the team have better things to do than impliment some soap opera-esque plot
Old 02-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 5 View Post
The paragraph entitiled PCG: I hear there’s romance and renegade pilots in the campaign. Care to go into details?

Seriously, WTF? This was nominally marketed as a flight sim, why has Pearl Harbor suddenly reared its ugly head? Surely the team have better things to do than impliment some soap opera-esque plot
Did you actually read the interview, the bit where it explained that these parts are from vet stories during the battle?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Did you actually read the interview, the bit where it explained that these parts are from vet stories during the battle?
Fighter pilots had love interests, sometimes there were tragic stories involved. Some pilots defected to a greater or lesser degree. Both of these elements were so incredibly irrelevant to the wider Battle of Britain that it is untrue. That is has any place in this project is simply breathtakingly bizarre

This is supposed to be a high fidelity simulation. If 1C Maddox want to continue the Wing Commander series, good luck to them
Old 02-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Fighter pilots had love interests, sometimes there were tragic stories involved. Some pilots defected to a greater or lesser degree. Both of these elements were so incredibly irrelevant to the wider Battle of Britain that it is untrue. That is has any place in this project is simply breathtakingly bizarre

This is supposed to be a high fidelity simulation. If 1C Maddox want to continue the Wing Commander series, good luck to them
I see it otherwise, it's a simulation based on the Battle of Britain, thus anything that happened in the battle has a place so long as it involves a plane and/or a pilot.

Edit: So as not to cause confusion with certain members of the forum

Last edited by Dano; 02-08-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

The game has not being released.When it does, if you think it is not worth the money then dont buy it.It is as simple as that.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades96 View Post
Only 22 people working on the game!! That is a shock.
And think about it... between the 22, you have so many different responsibilities: modelers, programmers, animators etc... and I'm sure some shared multiple disciplines making their respective workloads even greater.

Given the amount of detail and precision that they are trying to create, it's a marvel that they are completing it in the timeframe that they have.

hats off to them.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I see it otherwise, it's a simulation based on the Battle of Britain, thus anything that happened in that battle has a place.
Millions of things occurred that summer; you fancy being assigned milking duty or running the NAAFI?

Quote:
The game has not being released.When it does, if you think it is not worth the money then dont buy it.It is as simple as that.
I will buy it and I understand the principle of later patches implementing newer functions; what alarms me is the opportunity cost of love interests (which will doubtless be toe-curling) or renegade pilots (can anyone name an RAF pilot who deliberately flew to France during this period?). Dynamic Weather and Campaigns left out, strange RPG plots added. Given the target market, I find that to be of questionable sense.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

The interview is interesting, but too bad that it looks like we will be heading on forward after CoD and not also covering the Battle of France or the invasion of Poland, as that has never been covered by any flight sim yet. Oh well.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The interview is interesting, but too bad that it looks like we will be heading on forward after CoD and not also covering the Battle of France or the invasion of Poland, as that has never been covered by any flight sim yet. Oh well.
I'm with you, but I've been cheered by the [slow] success of RoF. The dowloadable, pay-for add-on concept seems to have worked. Cross that with the various campaign sets that were available for IL-2 and we might just see some French or Polish campaigns come out. Fingers crossed, anyway