Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Force Feedback?

Hopefully this won't be as contentious as my 'Historical Insignia' question.
Does anyone know if we can expect (even rudimentary) force feedback in this sim? I read an interview with Mr Maddox some time ago where he explained his issues on the subject (a lack of standardisation has ruined the concept) but I really rely on FF when flying in IL-2. Even if the forces are not true to reality they are still far better than no forces at all. I can hold an aircraft on the very edge of a stall because I can feel the stall approaching through my stick (as one example).
So, FF or no FF?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

About force feedback, please an option to use it for aircraft control forces, BUT to disable it for wind and turbulences (always badly implemented in games, with some kind of nevrotic movements)
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

I agree. FFB is a big part of the immersion factor like TrackIR 6DOF will be.

I'm pretty sure FFB support is going to be there.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Hope some answer from developers( G940 owner here)

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

As every sim the last 10-15 years have had support for force feedback, not including it in THE definitive flight simulator engine designed to last for 10 years is naturally impossible. Oleg may have issues with how the API:s work that are justified but if they did not include that it would be suicide for the product... Even crappy arcade flight games sold right into the bargain bin has it - and as stated here it is a vital immersion booster for many of us, especially the ones with IRL experience that are used to feel the stalls coming like you say. I would never buy a joystick without it (G940 owner myself and previous MSFFB2 user).

Do not worry about this as it's a waste of time

Edit - the same goes for TrackIR support. Once you have tried it - you can't live without it... And it sure will be implemented with all bells and whistles in CoD

Last edited by mazex; 01-22-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Edit - the same goes for TrackIR support. Once you have tried it - you can't live without it... And it sure will be implemented with all bells and whistles in CoD
Indeed I can't imagine having flown without it... Do you ever watch youtube movies from ingame sims and if you get cockpit view without knowing it: You bob your head sideviews to look out of the window? lol I have that like always and then say DOH!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Smile

I hope so!!!

I once got my father to have a go on il2, he was a commercial pilot for 35 years, and he did not like it as he said he could not 'feel' the plane through the stick.

I still have not got a ffb stick but I plan to when cod is released as long as it is supported
Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I hope so!!!

I once got my father to have a go on il2, he was a commercial pilot for 35 years, and he did not like it as he said he could not 'feel' the plane through the stick.
Indeed. I had the pleasure to fly a Tiger-Moth out of Duxford last year and you most definitely could feel the aircraft through the stick! (And also I couldn't hear a thing.)
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lensman_1 View Post
Indeed. I had the pleasure to fly a Tiger-Moth out of Duxford last year and you most definitely could feel the aircraft through the stick! (And also I couldn't hear a thing.)
Yeah, flown the Moth myself - what a great experience! In that plane you have another aid that is hard to simulate and that is that you can feel the speed from the wind flow on you chin Could be done with a table fan that is regulated via DeviceLink though...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazex View Post
Could be done with a table fan that is regulated via DeviceLink though...
LOL. Get on the phone to CH-Products!