Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:38 AM
Global Moderator

The part in the article about the AI should excite all Offline players.

AI performance is critical to offline play, and has been a very weak part of the IL2.

Oleg has been paying attention to his users.

Last edited by nearmiss; 12-31-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
"As I said, the game will immediately support the steam. This condition of the publisher."

Not entirely sure thanks to google's translation here, but does this mean they already have a publisher?
not sure but i think he means it'll be available for digital download on steam, but if no publisher decides to make a box version then we don't get a box version.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Tenn View Post
not sure but i think he means it'll be available for digital download on steam, but if no publisher decides to make a box version then we don't get a box version.
Ups no box version......no money from me.....been ripped off too often with download versions.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

If I can download it, burn it to a DVD and download the coverpicture, then it's ok. Making a boxed version will make the game more expensive or reduce profits.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Hecke

only 0815 games come without boxed versions.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peffi View Post
Making a boxed version will make the game more expensive or reduce profits.
Two versions will have different prices, you want a boxed version - you'll have to pay more.
That's normal and was always like that.
I have no problem paying $30(or whatever they ask) more for for a hardcopy - I want to own the game physically on a DVD, everything else is not an option.

Oleg just said they will make it available on Steam too - otherwise they wouldn't really need a publisher to begin with.

Last edited by swiss; 12-31-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Nothing said about there being no boxed version, re-read it and you will find that that it says that SoW will be on steam as a condition made by the publisher. Many games -if not a majority- are released on steam AND boxed nowadays. Keep cool, keep cool
Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Approved Member

that makes me wonder.. 1c also has a steam shop of their own.....
Old 12-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

good interview.

"Quality on PCs" is what it's all about. I'll pay big for quality but won't pay cheap for junk. i suspect most IL2 fanatics are similar. I'll even buy a new desktop for it!

My Pc plans for the next few years are a beastie Desktop soon and a powerful PC tablet within a few years. Hope that fits into your views of the future PC market?

Ps, I've had no problems with steam but prefer a CD as backup.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Approved Member

I like Steam, I really do. Like right now they have some great sales going, bought Alien vs Predator for 4,99€ for example. One thing that ticks me off though is the missconception that Steam is cheaper then retail games. That might be true on many smaller budget games/indie games but take a look at CoD: Black Ops for example, 59,99€!!!! that's nuts since I can walk down to a local retailer or order it from an online retailer and get the boxed version for almost 10€ less so no, downloadable games are not always cheaper and many times it's the other way around.