Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

We are allowed 360+ installs over the next 10 years, and we don't have to be online to play. Seems a small price to pay to help protect our sims genre from total collapse.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Although we are actually being install limited.

''How many activations do I get?
You can indefinitely activate your copy of the game on the same PC. You start with three activations (so, three different PC hardware configurations) to begin with. After one month, one activation will be re-credited (up to a maximum of three available activations at any given time).''

How that ties in with the steam 'just use any computer with your steam details to log in' I have no idea.
Lots of games have 3rd party DRM on top of Steam. Not that I understand why but it's a fact - even though that's usually cracked just as quickly. But then again we still do not know if maybe a 1C/non-Ubi version with Steam as the only DRM, and without Solidshield/Tages, might be available to buy from Steam.

Lots of unknowns about the actual release
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
I'm sorry but they are doing nothing to help sell your sim, in fact I'd go as far to say that they are actively damaging your sales with their complete incompetence regarding information and release.

You have a contract with them one would assume and we all know contracts work both ways so please, get on the phone and tell UBI to get a grib and sort it out.

We are two and a half weeks from release and we are still getting conflicting information in all areas and it looks ridiculous.

DRM, first it was TAGES, then it was Solidshield, now with added Steam. Which is it?

How about some positive information on release? Colectors editions in countries other than the UK? Normal boxed copies? Steam release schedules? Availability of boxed copies from sources other than UBI?

If the March 25th release is genuine as we have been told then why on earth is this information not forthcoming from UBI? Are they your publisher in the west or not?

If I was about to launch the results of a 5 or 6 year project that I wanted to be a success I'd be utterly livid with UBI's lacklustre and frankly pathetic handling of the situation.

Somebody over at UBI needs a damn good kick up the backside or are they just regurgitaing what they've been told and it's all down to your department? Something I find difficult to believe given your confirmed worldwide release in 18 days.
I agree. I take it 1C is kinda "trapped" with Ubisoft and signed a deal it's hard to get out of yet.

Ubisoft's Steam catalogue has no mention of CoD:IL-2 in it. At all. I hope 1C made a "2 game deal" with Ubisoft so that they after CoD:IL-2 release are free to cancel the partnership and go to a more serious publisher. Budget or no budget, Ubisoft, your advertising of CoD is pretty much non existant. Especially when we see that it's going to be distributed via Steam.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
I agree. I take it 1C is kinda "trapped" with Ubisoft and signed a deal it's hard to get out of yet.
Quite possible - and judging by how Ubisoft handles this release, they may very well feel the same
Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrunch View Post
What, because you have to think of an account name and password, register them, and then activate the game once before clicking the Offline Mode button? Good luck finding a modern game published by a big publisher that isn't like that or worse.
One of those "error encountered, cant authorize" type messages.

But it seems their may be alternate way to activate it, by phone.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Possibly. You can also generate a manual activation code by visiting their website or something similar, I heard somewhere, if you'd like to guarantee it works.