Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Default Another part of answers

Q: If BoP is successful, there will be another version of Il-2 in next gen who close to the simulation on a PC?
A: We’ll see. The general idea is, that if some franchise succeeds – sequels/other platforms/etc are happen to appear.

Q: Parachutes?
A: When you or enemies are bailing out – there are parachutes. But you can’t control your falling (actually, it’s a kind of boring gameplay) or shoot enemies on parachutes (that’s because of ratings and game's logic. It is flight sim, not killing sim, pilots were knights, at least in the begining of war).

Q: Blood on canopy when shot? If there is, will it also effect the controls of the plane because of the pilot's injury?
A: There are blood only in FMVs / Picture-in-Picture modes.
There is no effect of plane control because of pilot’s injury. That confuses player - _he_ feels OK, the plane is undamaged, but he can’t control it as it used to be, without any reasons. So, our pilot could be killed, but not wounded.

Q: Can we zoom in on the pipper?
A: Yes, we can.

Q: Can you see replays? If so, can we save them?
A: It was decided not to have re-plays at all. Possible in sequel.

Q: 1 map = 1 theatres of war? (it is possible to fly above London?)
A: No, we don’t have London. Our maps are huge, but not THAT huge. Making, for example, all Britain for one theatre of war is something deserving one special game.
But some of theatres of war have more than one location.

Q: Is it possible to land everywhere with our plane where there are land?
A: Yes. But it isn’t useful – secondary objectives are to land at airfields. And, in 'Arcade' realism setting the game won’t assist you that much if you are landing not at airfield. It isn’t a case in Simulation mode – the game won’t assist you a bit even when landing to airfield.

Q: Will germans speak german and russians speak russian in the game? (original voice)
A: For AI radio-chatter there are Russian, German, Italian and English speech – not translated, but subtitled (to provide more authentic feel). All scenery and FMV voiceovers are fully localized.

Q: Will IL2 support the AC6 flightstick?
A: Yep. And all other flightsticks for 360 as well (on 360). And PS3 flightsticks for PS3.

Q: Also, are the maps to scale-say, are they correctly modeled?
A: As it could be done. Landscapes are correctly modeled (mountains and rivers), and cities are where they should be as well as landmarks (castles, Reichstag, etc, etc) – but there is not so much information about exact borders of cities those time. War changes everything.
And of course, we could not make all buildings unique and fully authentic. That’s something beyond powers of humankind.
But we've tried.

Q: Is the campaign historically accurate; say can you get convoy patrol mission where nothing may turn up? Or others when you get more trade than expected?
A: It is much closer to this in Single Missions. In Campaign there are only historical battles or massive action. It isn’t possible that something won’t happen during The Hardest Day or The Greatest day. Campaign missions are designed to be impressive and have intense action.

Next one won't be this week.
But community update about MultiPlayer is coming.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

I owe you a drink, Anton. Thank you.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Anton! Much appreciated.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Thanks again Anton, good stuff.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

Anton you just too nice to us!

Thank you.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Approved Member

Nice one, thank you Anton.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Anton!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

Thanks Anton. You're the best....
Old 07-29-2009, 02:04 AM
Registered Member

Talking You're the Best - Anton

Anton...... I am SO grateful for your wonderful support. I LOVE that fact that the President of a company will communicate to the community with such devotion, caring, direct, honest, respectful, and fun way. I cannot thank you enough for your support.

I have spent a lot of time recently reading the IL-2: BOP forum, Gaijin Entertainment website, BOP reviews, and anything I can find on BOP or Gaijin. I am an Aerospace Engineer and have been very impressed with your software and modeling technology. I think the decisions that Gaijin had to make (compromises), at least the ones I have read about, were excellent. I am VERY excited about BOP. You and your company have a LOT to be proud of.

Really, really looking forward to playing BOP on my PS3 with the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS joystick. And........... Sept. 15 is my birthday...... How Cool is that !!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Approved Member

Woo! Sounds better and better the more I hear . Great stuff Anton and the BoP crew .